Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by Banpen Fugyo, Apr 29, 2006.
lol nice... you better make it x-kan friendly!
- YKYPNW... you get called a LARPer by a teenager on Bull'do who's looking for kudos from their peers
(couldn't resist that one given the current spirit of exchanging opinions )
A brand new washing machine and some powder will get tid of that
Start a thread and let a mod pick the winners for the tee's.
Or once the thread has run its course, do a poll for the top ones.
Wouldn't they be better on a T shirt instead of a pole.... Oh sorry, you mean a voting poll.
i can think of many girls who would look lovely on a poll as well as wearing a nice T-shirt out in th' rain.
Your friends intoroduce you to the MAP list because they think you're as wierd (if not wierder) as they are.
Hi, Will-sempai .
You spend nearly as much time on your zafu as you do down the dojo.
Booj Green belts describe you as evil / scary / just plain wierd.
The dog doesn't know whether to hide behind the table or make friends with your leg when you enter the room.
The pedestrian crossing light is almost invariably green when you walk up to it.
People are helpful and polite when you visit London! No, seriously!
You leave the house for the weekend and 3 domestic appliances blow up in your absence.
The entire local spider population moves in to your house.
You duck heavy flying objects when you didn't see them coming.
You train-surf to improve your stance and don't even realise you are doing it, walk with your knees bent, your toes turned out and people start crossing the street.
You stop wearing black clothes in case you give yourself away.
You look forwards to the next dream / vision like an episode of your favourite tv show.
You don't bother with your favourite tv show because you'd rather be training or discussing training.
Hoshin Ikkan, Jen.
some good ones there, welcome to MAP
- automatic doors start taking longer and longer to detect you until you have to be standing about an inch from them before they open
I was gonna say something along those lines, but figured I would sound like a psycho. Thanks for breaking the ice!
And another from our dojo joins the fold. I see you could not resist the madness of our ninpo board.
in the same vein as Will?
A few more....
-You can climb a tree faster than any 10 year old
-Before threading a belt through your jeans you go through some Kusarifundo techniques with it first
-Whenever you see a pigs trotter it reminds you of a Tabi boot
-When playing darts in the pub you remove the flights and throw them like bo-shuriken
-When making a fry-up you save the eggshells to fill with Metsubishi
-At the swimming baths you find yourself doing lengths submerged just below the surface whilst breathing through a Mcdonalds straw
That was not done by me.
Wow, this is SO me........scarey.
It annoys you when someone pronounces ______ incorrectly or when someone writes Ninjas
You find yourself guarding against your own self when you are brushing your teeth while looking in the mirror
Everytime there are too many customers in the store and you NEED to get to point A to B without interrutpion (I work retail) you use taihenjutsu and inton to your disposal.
You hide (from people) without knowing it
I don't watch people, I observe and catalog.
... after you've sunk to the bottom because you tried to walk accross it with a couple empty 5litre paint cans tied to your feet.
I do that to my wife all too often. She hates it! To me, I am just walking up and to talk to her, but I often seem to startle her.
Also been accused of sneaking at the office! HAHAHA I take that as a compliment, as I am a big guy.
1)Random rolling is one. I find myself staring at the floor and begin to appreciate it, if it's carpeted for it's soft padding effect (ala quilted toilet roll)
2)Whilst cuddling on the sofa with my girlfriend, I also find my arms "flowing" into different locks, or I imagine how the flow would go if I did this or that
3)Whilst sparring in other arts, I find that I use my hands alot to create bluffs and distractions (snapping my fingers, waving my hands).
4)You no longer appreciate the American Ninja movie catalogue, for it's classic appeal. You just find it down right offensive.
5)When somebody turns their nose up at Ninjutsu, with the "80's" stereotype, you feel an overwhelming urge to educate them with an in depth lecture. And then give them a Shikan Ken to the ribs
6) "The Viper" from American Ninja 5 is in fact still a REAL Ninja
* You don't like it when someone grab or tap you without you first knowing no matter what intention the person has. As your natural reflex tells you to apply a joint lock, break his / her arm, or take the person down
* Continue on from the above, you realized it was wrong if you were to 'accidentally' applied the technique to your good mates, mother-in-law, your boss or your missus, but you can't help but to drift away onto what technique you should apply next :woo:
* You develop respects and understanding towards Japanese and other Asian cultures. Also you may noticed that you are more accepting :Angel: and more open-minded than before
* Rather go to your Dojo and get moderately to painfully hurt than to sit in a comfy couch at home on a football night
* When you see a bug fly pass you want to catch it with a set of chopsticks even when you know you're just dreaming
* An angry person approaches but you're rather stay calm and maintain your cool
* Constantly wonder if your breakfall and rolling techniques will work if you are to fall from a 2 story building
* Whenever you see someone in a movie doing a perfect roll or breakfall you totally believe that the dude is probably taking Ninjutsu
* Can't stop yourself from flipping and throwing your dogs and cats around
Separate names with a comma.