You know you ve been doing.....

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Jamo2, May 16, 2005.

1. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Everybody else has got one of these threads, so i thought id make one.
    You know youve been doing boxing too long when....

You start bobbing and weaving flies/wasps.
    Also, instead of the traditional "swat", the fly is met with a nice right cross.

Greeting someone from behind turns into a soft hook to the kidneys, instead of the good ol tap on the shoulder.

Your rear foot heel feels unnatural when placed down.

Clenching and loosening fists while checking out your knuckles becomes a habit.

Your turn:

2. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

when u shake some ones hand and squeeze their hand to death :D :D :D

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

1) you go to flip on the light switch and you turn your hips into it and find your right covering your jaw and your left goes out like a jab.lol.

2) you don't take anyone who can't take a few punches seriously.

4. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

you find yourself looking the bathroom mirror with your arms up and ready.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

You can't put out a cigarette with your foot without throwing a left hook :D

6. Jamo2

Boxers shouldnt smoke :rolleyes:

While walking down the stairs, you find your opposite hand to the foot forward coming out each step.

When sitting at the computer bored, you sometimes move your head around slightly and move your shoulders as if your punching.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol im guilty of alot of these ones lol, apart from the cigarette (i dont smoke :D ).

You know you've been doing too much boxing when you:-

Twitch out a jab or cross in your sleep (im always doing this!!!)

Run up the stairs shadow boxing like Rocky :D

Walk down to stairs with your hands up in guard (i do this at work for some reason)

Randomly walk along throwing light combinations.

Get serious when a friend jokingly throws a light punch at you.

Do abit of shadow boxing everytime you see your reflection.

Everytime you hear Rocky music, you have to do some shadow boxing :)

8. Jamo2

The reflection one is good. I cant walk past a mirror these days without automatically thinking its going to get me with a hook.

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

When I walk downstairs late at night to get a drink, I see my reflection in these large patio doors we have; and I just have to do a few minutes of shadow boxing :D

10. Jamo2

And throwing punches in your sleep?
    How does your partner feel about this. She ever woken up ****ed at you and your wondering why the hell she got that black eye?

11. kungfufighter

you find yourself walk,ing down the hall at school throwing punches.

12. Jamo2

You become proud of your knuckle scars, and place your hands in such a way that they are particularly visible, especially in front of the females.

Anything you walk past that looks sturdy enough becomes a punch bag for a brief period.

13. kungfufighter

you fill a clothe bag with gravel and sand and punch it to toughen your knuckles.

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah, it's really weird. I start drifting off to sleep and im thinking of training, then suddenly i awake due to a twitch, and realise the twitch was a jab or a cross lol.

I don't have a partner, so for the moment, these twitch jabs aren't anything to be worried about! :)

15. Jamo2

I think thats the funniest thing ive heard today.

16. kungfufighter

maybe you should see a doctor, that's weird as hell dude. LOL

17. Jamo2

Doubt a doctor would be able to help. We all twitch in our "drifting off to sleep mode", my legs twitch.
    Its just Yukis muscle memory is probably most used to that arm movement and decides to throw a punch or two at night.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I can imagine it now :) " Doctor, Doctor; I think im broke... I box in my sleep..." :D

19. TheMaster

TheMaster Valued Member

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I've kicked my girlfriend in my sleep and apparently i then twisted and hooked the wall.

This was after about 3hrs of good training, i literally came home and went straight to sleep after a shower.

You know you been boxing too long when you decide to name all 5 of your kids "George"