Yoshida v Tank Abbot

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Timmy Boy, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I heard that Tank's going to fight Yoshida, is this true? If so, who do you think will win? My money's on Yoshida, I think Tank's had his day and really good MMA fighters are too much for him to handle.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

I heard about it and I think it will happen. I also heard Yoshida hired a Brazilian coach (not sure if it was for bjj or muay thai though).

Yoshida by armbar in the first round.

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

This is a really weird matchup, to be honest. It seems like Pride's really looking to drill the UFC into the ground at the moment by getting people in as UFC reps and putting them against guys that will destroy them (putting Rizzo against Sergei when Rizzo hasn't been in a ring in nearly 2 years and we all know Baroni and Thompson were brought in to lose in Bushido, they just didn't go down). I'm going with Yoshida by kimura about a minute/ minute and a half into the first. The only chance Tank has is if Yoshida gets stupid like he did with Silva and tries to trade with him - say what you will about Tank, but he KO'd Cabbage with one shot: that's serious power there - Tank has a punchers chance, but it's a slim one

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  4. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Tank definitely has strong punches but I don't think he'll KO Yoshida. Yoshida has a great chin.

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

So does Cabbage. If Tank connects, Yoshida's going to sleep - don't forget Yoshida's 205lbs where Tank's a big heavyweight. I doubt Tank'll hit him clean, but if he does, Yoshida will be out

6. Timmy Boy

I certainly hope Yoshida wins, then I can convince my mate that MMA isn't purely about strength! :D

7. impala

impala New Member

dont think tank still has his big striking power...
    yoshida submission first round

8. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Tanks got power definatly but he isnt a very technical striker which means i dont think he has a very good chance of actually connecting. And he could have all the power in the world but if he cant connect it doesnt mean a thing.

Yoshida by any submision he whants in round one.

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I reckon Yoshida's going to seal it in the first round. Tanks no push over though, thats for sure...

10. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Ya, nothing against Tank, even though I don't understand Tank making a Pride debut (of all fighters), but I hope Yoshida subs him, or maybe even ko's him (you'd laugh too).

and is your friend stronger than you? If so, then just beat him in an mma match, point made.

11. Timmy Boy

He's pretty much accepted it now anyway I think. I've explained why we do things the way we do e.g. why techniques don't have to be pretty to be effective or require skill. Besides, he would only have to look at Tank's record to see that it's not true.

12. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I think Yoshida will school Tank bit time.

If Silva could not finish Yoshida then Tank wont - yes he has a big punch but Yoshida is one wise and tough cookie. I am going for a win for Yoshida via submission in under 1.1/2 mins.

Either that or Yoshida will be out in under a min. I do think Yoshida will prove too slick for Tank but respect to Tank getting in there.

Also UFC is really not a patch on Pride now the gap gets wider and wider each year.

13. impala

impala New Member

cuz pride buys all good ufc guys, and the guys that cant win in pride go to ufc xD