Yet another bloody injury

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Knight_Errant, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Well, after the saga of my back and my foot, I've managed to do it again. I tweaked my right shin while I was working on Saturday, and it seemed to dissapear until I warmed up with some jump rope this morning. It kind of 'tweaks' every time I bend over in the middle of the shin. Cycling doesn't seem to exacerbate it, so I'm stuck on a regimen of upper body exercises and cycling. Any ideas on what this injury actually is and whether I should bother going to a doctor about it?

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I don't get what you mean. If it's skipping that brings it on... perhaps severe shin splints or a micro-fracture or stress-fracture?

Do you remember anything prior to skipping rope that might have brought it on?

How bad is the pain on a scale of 1-10?
    With 1 being your normal state prior to the injury and 10 being pain that is so bad you can't bear any weight or impact on the shin.

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

How did you tweak it at work?

4. Atre

Atre Valued Member

Can you feel knots in the muscle on the front of your shin?

Is the pain localised? Dull/sharp? Does is shoot along a line or is it in one spot or something else?

5. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

Avoid anything that causes leg stress for about a week. If it continues after that, with no improvement, something might be wrong.

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'd give the pain a 5 or a 6.
    I think I did it at work, anyway- I was walking along a boggy woodland all day.
    No knots. It's sort of a sharp pain. It's kind of localised in the middle of the leg.
    Fair enough.