Yay 205 clean and jerk.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by harhar, Jan 31, 2006.

1. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

That is all. Oh, then the pt guy came over and told me that they would kick me out if I drop it again. I was using bumper plates on a deadlifting platform.

2. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

The guy's a twit. Good on you. Though, if you get booted from the gym, your training will probably slow down a bit. :rolleyes: From full lockout, you can try to do a quick-controlled negative, then hop the bar from rack position to your thighs, then lower under control. Keep at it.

3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

thats what i have to do as i have iron weights and a concrete floor. i reckon one or the other would give if i dropped it from full lock :p

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Well, the reason I brought it up was, if I cant drop the damned thing, what is the point of having bumpers and a rubber mat on the floor?

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

its a darn good point too. make sure you raise that with the PT next time he says something to you :D

6. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

'Cuz they're pretty. :love: :love:

That's one for the list of things that make you go... :bang:

7. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Congratz d00d!

You should ask the PT how many times he has done a clean and jerk. Then right when he starts to answer you should fart really loud.

8. Maverick

Maverick New Member

congrats, nice weight. I do what Bewater suggested as well, the quick negative and controlled drop.

9. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

ROTFLMAO!!!! :p Now that would be the ULTIMATE comback for that muppett! Everytime you walk into the gym ask him to pull your finger.

Congrats on the lift mate!

10. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Thanks guys. Actually, the gym is located on the 2nd floor so the guy said the people working in the office will be bothered by the noise. So I asked him where the sign was where it said not to drop the weights. He said it was there but when I searched for one, I could not find such anywhere in that room.

I later asked another PT and found out that the girls change room is under the platform and the offices are about 30m away (the first guy told me that the offices were directly under, which was BS). What bothered me the most was that this guy actually told me to go down and apologize to the people working downstairs (Ya, ok :D).

I wonder how Im going to control the weight down when I get to 300+. Im no pyrros.

11. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd drop the weight even harder next time. Drop the s... out of it.
    Start looking for a new gym.

12. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Clean and jerk it to a power rack set like 7 feet in the air and leave it there, then walk away like a pimp.

13. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

^ that would be some hardcore shiz. Do it if they kick you out.

14. Achilles

Achilles Valued Member

LOL that's priceless

15. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

What would be even better is to leave the collars of the bar and "accidently" tip it to one side...big crash as multiple plates fall down and then the bar slings to the other side allowing for more loud multiple crashes. This works great if you load the bar up with 25s and 10s. :)

16. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

100kg clean and jerk PR yesterday. Funny b/c I had a hard time getting my workset with 185lbs. Didnt drop it but bruised my collar bones while lowering :p. Hopefully I can snatch this by early next year.

I think I'll just post PRs here to keep track of progress.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  17. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

drop them on his biceps next time bet they are massive, compared to the rest of him.