Yawn

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by beky_boo8, Aug 13, 2006.

1. beky_boo8

beky_boo8 Valued Member

its a bit quiet on th KSW forum, does anybody have any gossip or anything interesting to discuss?
    Does anybody know of anyone going to an Xfactor audition? lol

2. ember

ember Valued Member

It's summer. Lots of people have been going on holiday before school starts again.

3. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

It certainly doesn't feel like summer over here. It was freezing last night!

4. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Very Boring

no fun

I have lots of good gossip but you cant have it,

I have us & uk masters gossip,

but u can't have it

What a bunch of weak minded wussies....... I think the 3rd and 4th dans are better than the most of the 5th and 6th dans

We need a thread that you can only post on after a 3 drink minimum.

KSWOLF can u help????

5. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

;) Relaxing after your test? How would one enforce the drink minimum?

6. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

You must of missed the first lesson about respect in Kuk Sool huh

7. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Drunkeness does strange things to people.

8. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Apparently so. Please enlighten me.

9. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Haha. What rank are you Choi?

10. ember

ember Valued Member

I seem to recall from the trip to Korea debrief that in Korea, guys can go out with their bosses, get drunk, call their boss an SOB to his face, and the next morning there is absolutely no retaliation. Let the 5th & 6th degrees handle it.

How's Kiseki enjoying college (university)?

11. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

I try to remain rank free , by bathing often.

It's refreshing when there is no rank and people are.......equal and free maybe?!?!?!

12. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Oh ,,,I remember, yes that was the third lesson. Yeah , the one where you are required to act like you respect people you don't know just because they have a higher rank, even if they are convicted felons, thieves, extortionists, pompus, degrading, and rude to lower ranks.. Yeah .... I skipped that class, I was busy training, outdoors, ALONE!

Have a nice Day :)

13. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

Its okay, I hear your instructors doing a catch up class soon...let me know what you find out :) Good day to you to sir.

14. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Wow guys calm down I don't wanna get in the middle of this one. But I will hehe

OK 2 points.

Point 1 who cares if it is an act......... I know its an act, and I make sure they damn well know its an act and that they own me for 4 hours of my life 4 times a year the rest of it I wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire.

Point 2 pompus degrading and rude to lower ranks............ i think you'll find this in any traditional art when there is no element of real physical confrontation. Compliant technique, semi contact sparring and master demonstrations breed ego, people don't tend to be quite so cocky when they are actually getting hit by someone else. It doesn't mean that you have to be an egotistical idiot when you get rank. But if you were one to begin with and your system is about money and getting numbers in your school and has no chance of getting it knocked out of you by a full contact hit, then power and rank is just gonna make you worse.Fix what you see don't become it yourself!!!!!!

Also I know a lot of 3rd and 4th dans that are technically better than 5th and 6th degree masters, they probably know it too. But hey its a ranking system we all play in so i guess we live with that. They just started first and have more time in. Pick your master there are enough about and then you can pick one you respect for their ability too. Ignore the rest unless point 1 arises and then treat as you see fit. It will affect your position in the rank system but then some people lick **** better than others and you only have to live with yourself.

Now can everyone have a nice day. PLEASE :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  15. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Sounds nice. Show respect for people's abilites and knowledge, not the color of a belt. Business and MA mix like oil and water. It bugs the hell out of me when I see dahn grade practitioners who can't remember portions of the foundamental hyung. It reeks of a belt for cash exchange program.

I'm sure he's not going to divulge his rank, but by reading Choi's posts I'm sure he's got plenty of time and expertise in the Korean MA's and has plenty of information he could share regardless of what color belt (if any) he wears when he works out.

16. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

Everyone should, Because it lacks intergrity.

I can't stoop laughing long enoug to tyype That line is just way ttoo funnny and true!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

True & Well Said!!

the key word here is "play". I don't agree that we have to "live with it" but I understand your point.

Every day is a nice day :)

Gee it's not boring anymore!

17. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

Its still cold here for mid August though, even after that heated discussion. :rolleyes:

18. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Try sitting on the fire it sure as hell warms your ass up quick lol :)

19. JSun

JSun Valued Member

It's 95 degrees in Houston. There's plenty of heat to go around. I just got back from Amsterdam and the locals were complaining about the heat wave and it was 75 degrees F. I'd kill to live there.

Speaking of the Netherlands, any of you people in the UK venture over to Amsterdam much? Great place to party. I've never seen a city quite that culturally diverse. I'd highly recommend Barney's Coffeeshop. Great stuff :D

20. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

LOL and i bet they didn't just sell coffee, eh? :cool:

actually there is supposed to be a tournament in amsterdam next year although i haven't heard much about it yet. cue, airnick... i would imagine there will be a party of us going there to sample the, um, coffee! :Angel:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006