Yaw Yan

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by ScorpioJ, Nov 11, 2005.

1. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

In that case, its Hello and Good-bye for me. I just dropped by to say on record that I have no hard feelings, guys. See you all on other threads. And you, Wanlu, I will see you in December, sir.

2. wanlu99

wanlu99 Yaw-Yan and MuayThai Fan

Yaw-Yan

im confident the Yaw-Yans in this thread can handle this forum well...so Im outa here.

Bon...dont forget to text or email me anytime we have a Yaw-Yan event...Ill see you guys and gals at the Rizal Stadium on Dec10...

As for RedBagani...You can count on it...Ill see you soon Sir and more power to you and your team as well as good health to you and your family...PM me anytime Sir Mon...

and also for the record, I have a great sex life. :cool:

More power to Yaw-Yan...

More power to MAP...

Please support our National athletes at the SEA Games...specially in MuayThai

Go Philippines

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  3. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

we never had either :love: cheers!!!

sure thing! i'll inform you immediately :p i'll see you at the sea games when my sched would free me up. :)

4. republiksyawyan

republiksyawyan New Member

I really want to go down to the phillipines in say the next 8 months to compete in a tournament. burungkol do you know of any sanctioning bodies that would allow me to fight down their?

It would really be interesting to fight any type of practitioner with the K1 rules or maybe even ufc rules.

Anyways give me some feedback whenever you get the chance ok, thanx.

5. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

hi republiks, yaw-yans here in the philippines join and compete in almost all MA events available such as MMA, point system fights, fighting clubs/bars, NHB's, full-contacts, and such. Majority of the fights we join are invitationals and those that we, ourselves, organized.

For MMA, we join fights in the local URCC and Fearless. These fights are sanctioned by the Philippine Game and Amusements Board (GAB). Fighters needs to be properly licensed in order to join these tournaments.

For invitational fights and underground fights, these are mostly unsanctioned events. Gyms just send their own sets of fighters to compete in these friendly invitational games.

You could always fight in MA events here in the philippines... but getting the GAB license gives you more events to choose from.

6. republiksyawyan

republiksyawyan New Member

Im training for two fights that I will be competing in this upcoming January.One is K1 rules while the other is a muaythai bout.

It will be fun finally giving 100% full throttle kicks ,I cant when sparring with co-students .

But in the end Im really just warming up for you guys. I cant wait to come down and fight poeple whom train just as hard if not harder then me. And also I would like to travel and see the phillipenes.

7. wanlu99

URCC and ESC

Vicente Valdueza of Yaw-Yan Pasay won both his bouts at the URCC and ESC...

Valdueza won his match in the URCC held at the Araneta Coleseum via verbal submission...immediately after that match, he rushed to the Rizal Stadium to knockout his opponent (Cobra) at the 4th round of the Elite Striking Championships...

Dec 10 was a busy day for the Pinoy fight fans...having the URCC and ESC scheduled at the same date...not to forget the Phil BJJ open and the Gerry Penalosa fights ...

Thanks

Wanlu

8. wanlu99

Yaw-Yan in URCC7

Valdueza wins fight in URCC7...

Attached Files:

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

talk about endurance. the man was milking that guillotine choke for a very long time during the fight! he finally got it!

10. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

indeed..here's some more pic with that. :D its good to see one good striker trying out his submission techniques :)

Attached Files:

11. wanlu99

Yaw-Yan ArDigma in FEARLESS

Congratulations to Noble Ampol of Yaw-Yan ArDigma for winning his match in FEARLESS last Dec22.

Ampol escaped an Arm Bar by slamming his way out of it..then he won the fight by chasing his opponent through out the rest of the fight.

Good work Yaw-Yan ArDigma Team

Wanlu]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  12. wanlu99

Yaw-Yan Fight Night

Announcing Yaw-Yan's Fight Night at the Makati Gym...January 14, 2006

I hope you can all join us.

Thanks

13. wanlu99

Yaw-Yan 's ESC

Watch Yaw-Yan's Elite Striking Championship (ESC) tonight Dec31,2005 at the Solar Sports Channel.

Thanks

Wanlu

14. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

the makati yaw-yan ardigma team had done a great job of putting several yaw-yan videos up the net. these stuff could help out those who are interested on what yaw-yan really is, what kind of movements does the fighter have, or how do they move in a ring fight... the videos can be found in google, http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=yaw+yan to be exact.

15. martialspunge

martialspunge New Member

hi have have just started studying muay thai but i have also been looking for similar no ******** arts,i have found alot but one that really cought my eye is yaw yan.ive been searching for sites with info on how to preform the art i go to muay thai .com and find every thing i need to know about how to preform it,but i cant find not even one punch for yaw yan i was wondering if you could direct me to one,not a school cause i have no money,but thanx if you can help

16. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

hi sir, first of all thank you for your interest. there really isn't much info/clips/resources about performing the techniques we use in yaw-yan. it still is not as widespread as muay thai. that was also my first problem when i searched for the art - never learned it until i've found where the gym was and took lessons there. if your in the PI, i could point you to a gym near you....

well, basically, we've also adopted boxing punches so its pretty much the same with western boxing. we also have the so-called bolo punches, this involves the use of the arm as a substitute for an arnis stick.... same strikes, same angle... it's supposed to be done as "arnis without the sticks".

money was never a problem when studying yaw-yan. majority of our members belong to the lower class of the society. we believe that martial arts should be accesible to anyone willing to learn. just pm me if you're interested.

ohhhh, right, there's some fighter demos in the link i provided in my previous post... its http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=yaw+yan. you could have a glimpse on the techniques they've used. :D

17. martialspunge

martialspunge New Member

thank you for you help.I am not in pi,unfurtunetly i am in america were martial arts are waterd down.my computer does not do videos well so i have not gotten the chance to see the videos thats why i look for pictures and practice hard.would you be able to tell me a good book that i could order.i need a good gym in indiana on it but cant find one.i have only just started martial arts but my trainer says i have raw natural talent,a born fighter.i dont lose to many fights.ohh **** look at the time i have to go to work ,talkt to u laterthanx for your help,much appreciated.bye

18. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

you're very much welcome.. yeahp, well, there's no yaw-yan gym available at your area. we really dont have any released publications for our art yet, but were working on it. for now, i guess you could try reading posts at this thread >>> http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34634. discussions are available there for filipino empty handed techniques. there's quite a resource available to you there. Viking had also provided some good articles in the thread which really helped us a lot - there's even one where you could download it. just send me a pm, i could send the articles to you.

go on with your training, i don't think that MA had watered down at your place.. its just a matter of avoiding any mcdojo gyms. every art is good, just find one that is suits you most.

19. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Is the bolo punch forearm strike utilizing the INSIDE (not bottom) of the forearms?

20. wanlu99

Yaw-Yan Bolo Punches

There are 12 bolo punches...when I use to train fullltime in Yaw-Yan. Im not sure how it works in the new system of Yaw-Yan. My favorite bolo punch is the Kaldag.I love doing it and I think its a good strike. Its similar to a Karate upward block but dilivered downwards as a strike.

Of course a good puncher like Manny Pacquiao wont probably need it. :)