Yaw-Yan and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in cagayan de Oro

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by drgnstyx, Jul 11, 2006.

1. drgnstyx

drgnstyx New Member

Hello guys!!

Do you happen to know if there are Yaw-Yan and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu instructors/schools in Cagayan de Oro? If you do, any contact details will be appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

unless hybrid yawyan opens there soon or if deftac opens there, the only martial arts i've heard of in cdo is karate and aikido.

3. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

sir, there's a wtf-taekwondo club there too.

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

good to know...

...and a disappointing lack of filipino martial arts schools in cdo.

5. ritche-stl

ritche-stl Valued Member

there are Balintawak groups in CDO, velez lineage and mongal also.

6. drgnstyx

drgnstyx New Member

thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated...

ritchie,is there a website you can direct me to or any contact details? If i'm not mistaken, there are several balintawak groups?my cousin is interested and shootodog's right, there seems to be a lot of other martial arts available except for fma over there :confused: ...thanks again!!! :)

7. ritche-stl

ritche-stl Valued Member

here's one i found for Rico Carino although address and phone is already old. his school is already in a different place. but one thing you can do is visit the address in the link and ask. theys should be able to point you to his new address. http://www.visayanmartialarts.com/cdoschool.htm

for the other one, a student of nene gaabucayan, i'll ask him first just to make sure it's ok to give out the number.

there's also an Ilustrisimo group, student of Christopher Rickets, by the name of Bobby Go King

btw when will your cousin visit CDO? i am going there this coming November..

8. ritche-stl

ritche-stl Valued Member

this particular group does balintawak, as well.....

9. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

Hi drgnstyx, although there are no yaw-yan gyms/instructors in cagayan de oro that i know of, you could look for the Wushu Sanshou-Cagayan de Oro Team. They had a great fight against Yaw-Yans in the recently concluded Ground and Pound tournament in the Cebu Coliseum last saturday, july8.

i thought you'd be interested in this since there had been mma matches during the tournament... plus it looks like ur into both striking and ground-based arts.

hope this helps.

10. drgnstyx

drgnstyx New Member

Salamat guys...
    He's not sure yet, needs to take care of some stuff in the US first before he gets home.He's had some training in Angel Cabales' escrima and some Villabrille Largusa kali and is the reason why I'm into fma as well :D

11. wanlu99

wanlu99 Yaw-Yan and MuayThai Fan

Yaw-Yan Evolution

Hybrid Yaw-Yan chief Henry Kobayashi is currently forming a team called "Yaw-Yan Evolution"...

It will be a mix of Yaw-Yan Combat and Sports...BJJ and Sambo and...Im not sure but I will just have to guess that it will involve some MuayThai training methods as well.

Will post a seprate thead about it as soon as the group is officially recognized by the Phillipine government (DTI/SEC)

Thanks

Wanlu

12. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Please feel free to post it in the clubs sections, and any events in the events forum

13. u2october4

u2october4 New Member

im currently here in cdo, i train in mma, bjj and mt, i have a group that meets 3-4 times a week, we have an open mat here, ive buds from manila, cebu, iligan, davao, albay who train here, pm me if your interested to train, or email me at u2october4@yahoo.com

14. manoy15

manoy15 New Member

;)
    hello ritche...hope everyone is doing good..im actually in training with master rico carino....if you have questions regarding location or contact number...please do feel free to email me at manoy15@bigstring.com, hope to see you soon. :D :D :D

15. free_2_flow

free_2_flow Valued Member

hi manoy15, hope everything is well. unfortunately i won't be in CDO soon. yeah, i would love to train under master rico. i met him 5 years ago when the club is still in capistrano st. take care, bay!