Yang Jwang-Ming

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by gedhab, Apr 2, 2005.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Has anyone trained under him? i had a look through his 2 books on Chin Na and was wanted to know more about his teaching and knowledge.

2. R Strausbaugh

R Strausbaugh One Mild and Lazy Guy

My instructor went to one of his seminars. Said he's a nice guy, very approachable, able to relate things in western terms, and very skilled.

3. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I studied with him for a while. He's very knowledgable and highly skilled. I don't know exactly what you want to know though?

4. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

What his level of MA training is and what exactly he teaches?

5. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

He studied for 13 years in Tiawan under Cheng Gin Gsao, Kao Tao, and Li Mao Ching. He teaches white crane, longfist, and Yang style tai chi. Since coming to America he has also learned a little ba gua and hsing yi from Liang Shao Yu. If you go to his website you can see exactly what he teaches and what the requirments are in each class.

http://www.ymaa.com

6. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Hello, gedhab. My praying mantis club has been studying with Dr. Yang since '99. We are seminar students; we see him several times a year including the Boston seminars in January and June. As well, we get to train with some of his top students who come to us (Aaron Damus and Jim Noble). Next year we may have several students ready to test for assistant instructor.

Dr. Yang is a patient and approachable teacher who shows great concern for his students' ability to comprehend and great love and appreciation for CMA. I have never seen him angry or upset in any way.

I would not want to be in his clutches if he were angry with me! :D That's why even El Tejon is on his best behavior when we see him. :Angel: