xma kuk sool style

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by kswflip, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kswflip

kswflip Valued Member

wonder if we can all get together at matt's in london to train flips he has the best place ?????(sundays are good)

2. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

A few yes. ??????? not sure where to go on my comment, as i'm not sure what you are asking. But will say like every martial art system (or whatever you wanna call it) there will be people you get on with and people you don't. The ones I have chatted to have been nothing but nice and helpful, the ones with attitude i avoid :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  3. You Won Hwa

You Won Hwa Valued Member

As opposed to the weirdos in the silver and black dresses?

4. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Ummm...you practice a martial art that lets you play with frilling pink and green fans...

5. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Something you have pointed out numerous times

6. MadMonk108

It's an on-going joke between myself and KSWolf.

Regardless, the point I was making was that critiquing XMA based on it's martial practice or lack thereof is one thing.

Mocking their uniforms when you play with fans and...also wearing black and silver pajamas...is a completely different thing.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Classic reply.
    This thread should be locked now.
    Because that post says it all. :D

8. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

To be fair our uniforms have (or are supposed to have) some sort of cultural significance. Sort of an homage to history (at least as I understand it). I'm not sure what the XMA uniforms are supposed to be, but I get your point... one flashy uniform vs. another, but...

LEAVE THE FANS OUT OF IT!!!! :D

9. Wolf

LOL! But I like to play kick pretty! (though it usually turns into kick ugly)

10. MadMonk108

Everything with you turns into ugly.

11. MadMonk108

I have one hanging above my bed. Should someone ever break in, I'll have a hard time deciding between my fan above my bed or my Glock in the nightstand.

12. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

everyone's welcome to come down here and train with us, i know of some places where we can train in accrobatics on pretty much any night of the week including sundays.

so just ask and it shall be done

it would be really nice to meet up and do some good training in ma and accrobatics with people from around the country, hope we can sort something out.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

Oh, I so want to be there!!!

Pick a time... lemme see if I can talk Coyote into it ;)

14. Wolf

that shouldn't even require any thought. you can deflect an attackers bullets with the fan then use it to beat them senseless!! :woo:

15. MadMonk108

At least it's not frilly, pink and green.

It's white with a nice painting of a pastoral scene on it.

I have another one with the Heart Sutra written on it.

16. kswflip

kswflip Valued Member

matt thanks for the invite would love to come and see you and practice ma & flips

17. Wolf

the pink feathers would distract the attacking gunman and throw off his aim.

18. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

In Sanskrit,Tibetan, or English?

What is it you like about a weapon with the Heart Sutra on it? Defending yourself with the knowledge that all are Buddahs, even someone attacking you? :)

19. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

likewise, thanks matt.

kswflip, let me know when you want to go and i'll try and go down with you. if you'll let me of course :Angel:

20. MadMonk108

In Hanja, SinoKorean characters,

It's a fan. With Chinese characters on it. Of a Buddhist text. That hangs on my wall.

Don't read too deep into it.