Xingyiquan

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by ACCMWCK, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ACCMWCK

ACCMWCK Emotional content

Hi

Does anyone know of a class in the Birmingham area I could go and check out?

I appreciate any help or even a point in the right direction.

2. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

This guy is in Wolverhampton and has a solid background in traditional Xingyi.Thankfully his Xingyi is better than his taste in music!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTXFg7xBP0"]Xing Yi Quan / Hsing Yi Chuan - YouTube[/ame]

3. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Try the different parks, you will probably find more of the real deal.

Cheers

4. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

What makes you say that?

5. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

In Birmingham?:confused:

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

What? You didn't know that the park scene in Birmingham is a hotbed of Hsing I masters?

I think you're just feigning ignorance in hopes of keeping a secret. Next you'll act incredulous if someone mentions that Nottingham is where many Master Sheriffs teach openly in the parks.

( Just don't ask for techniques to capture and restrain guys who live in the greenwood armed with longbows and quarterstaves. They're kinda touchy about that subject).

7. ACCMWCK

Cheers for some of the responses so far. Appears to be quite difficult to find a place that does this. Wolves a little too far for me to travel. Have found one guy who will train you at a venue of your choice private 1-2-1 but it's £35 per hour. Given I know nothing about this art it's a little too steep for me as I have no idea if he is worth that lol.

I was thinking of doing it alongside my wing chun

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I think I read that in the Tai Chi Classics.....

Who is he? There is a lot of knowledge and experience here and those guys may be able to give you an opinion

9. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Our you could read JKD books and make up your own style and call it an art and try to sell it to people that don't know any better, using hyped up ads and stories of glory.

Cheers

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Robinhood, as you cannot back up any of the claims you have made on MAP, or provide any proof of who you have trained with or the levels of skill you claim, I suggest leaving such foolish posts well alone.

11. embra

embra Valued Member

The OP asked about Xing Yi Quan in Brum, not the open parks of Sherwood Forrest or JKD.

As ever your answer will have been of help to no-one other than maybe your own ego.

Hannibal asked a perfectly sensible question. What age are you Robin - 15 maybe?

12. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Hey, Hannibal brought up the book thing, I was just suggesting another book.

Cheers

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Since you are here, and online by the green button , about that lineage if yours - what is it?

14. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Another one here,and it looks as thought they train in the park so they must be the real deal.

http://www.xingyi.org.uk/html/locations.html

Thirty five pounds per hour is about the going rate for private tuition.

15. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hahahahahahahhahahahaha.... yes the parks in Birmingham are choc full of old geezers give it all that with Xingyiquan. :p

hahahahahahhahahahahahah..... Christ almighty. :p

16. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Probably this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxGi8bizEg"]The Goodies- Ecky Thump - YouTube[/ame]

17. ACCMWCK

Golf wolf is what he is trading as I believe.

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

19. embra

embra Valued Member

20. ACCMWCK

On another note.

Anyone read the book Vital Point Strikes by Hang S Kim? I was introduced to pressure points many years ago (Passed 2 black belts in Shotokan when I was 15 & 16). But due to my age techniques taught were limited. Just looking at doing some catching up and reading around an interesting subject. Thought this book looked pretty good.

Anyone beaten me to it?