Xcom!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SickDevildog, Sep 7, 2007.

1. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Just bought UFO - Etraterrestrials

Its installing as we speak, just wanted all the guys that remember the original X-COM titles that it's finaly out. I hope it plays like the old ones did, total classic!:love:

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

[BRAG]
    OH I bought WH4000: Dawn Of War, too. Plays kinda like Company Of Heroes but with a fastpaced deatmatch flavor to it[/BRAG] :love:

Anyone play it online?

3. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Holy crap! A new XCOM game! I used to absolutely love XCOM Apocalypse...it's one of my favourite games of all time. XCOM Terror from the Deep was good too :D

Is it any good?

I love Dawn of War too :D I played that on skirmish to annihilation...it's such an addictive game. For something absolutely terrifying try the campaign mode on Hard. I remember spending about 3-4 hours completing the mission where you get scouts because the Orks attack constantly in waves of hundreds of boyz. Imagine have 8 space marine teams with as many heavy bolters as possible desperately gunning down wave after wave after wave of Ork :D it was awesome.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade adds another element to the game. You pick one of the armies and have to lead a campaign across the planet, capturing territories and gaining more troops and stuff. It becomes a bit like Risk in some ways.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007