www.matbattle.com?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by CCG2, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

www.matbattle.com

just wondering what you guys think of this rather humorous (at least to me, a STRAIGHT judoka) gay grappling website. And I mean literally gay, as in articles that cater to homosexual judoka/bjj players. It might've been around for awhile, but I just found out about it so its new so there.

Note: By NO means do I mean to offend anyone's sexual preferences, I just wanna know what you guys think. Particulary about the one article in the judo archives that lists 20 reasons why judo is better than sex lol

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  2. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Heh. I guess anything can be a fetish... :rolleyes:

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I'm not sure it's even real. "Is it ok to hump my brother?" Uhm, ewww. Although they do have some really nice pics :D

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Not really sure why anyone would wear their sexual orientation on their sleeve when it comes to MA's. What is the point?

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Much like we discussed in another thread slip, it's a matter talking with other like-minded people. However, as noted by Oversoul there is a certain "fetishist" attitude about that particular website. Some guys post ads there to train with another gay guy so they don't have to worry about getting the "ewww" factor from other students at their gym, and some are, quite frankly, using the site to find guys who look at grappling as foreplay.

I'm not a huge fan of the site, tbh. I do admit that I like the pics and the acknowledgment that some of their models are actually gay guys who fight, but I think that the site claims to be something it isn't. It really isn't a place for gay fighters to go and congregate online; it's a repository for the fetishization of a specific form of martial arts, grappling.

6. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

personally I think its a joke website lol. c'mon an article about why BJJ is the New "Gay" Judo? LMAO

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Again, we're back to the whole "fetish" concept people seem to not be understanding...

8. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Great. As if BJJ players didn't have to put up with enough gay jokes already.

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

GC in all seriousness though... what the heck does that really mean?

So... on the mat a gay bloke training with another gay bloke feels comfortable to say..

" Don't pound me too hard because my boyfriend already pounded me hard last night!" :eek: :confused: :p

I dunno - I still don't really see what sexual orientation has to do with training. Being straight... all that sort of stuff gets left at the door when I train. It just doesn't factor in. I could care less what a guy does in his private time or in his bed... I'm there to train with him not be his sexual therapist or help him work out his sexuality issues.

To be honest... it just seems more divisive than anything else.

I dunno - I've never run across guy that hang wood while rolling with women... so I doubt if I'd ever run across a gay guy who'd pop a slab of gristle just because he's rolling with a guy.

Hmmm... maybe I can see your point in that maybe at some gyms the testosterone runs a bit high and if someone who was overtly homo rocked up he could get the 'ewwww' factor. Having spent a lot of time living in Hollywood I find that thought funny - many of the gay guys there are as fit and conditioned as they come and game for a fight as any straight guy... if not more so. Perhaps it's my not wanting to believe that something like sexual preference could lead to such problems on the mat.

That all sounds so yucky until you think of how many times you've heard of people joining TKD or whatever because of the hot chics at this or that gym. :D Either way it'd be ultra lame.

LOL!:D
    For once... a fetish that the Japanese didn't beat the western world to! :D

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

My kwoon is small. We all get along. I get to listen to tales about babies coming, weddings being planned, and the high school/precollege angst of guys discovering serious relationships. I can talk to them about my personal life as well. There have most definitely been schools I've attended where I would in no way join in any conversations about people's personal lives.

Meh, we queers like knowing there are others out there like us, lol.

True, but on the flip side, I get very tired of hearing "fag" or "queer" or other not-so-nice pejoratives for "homosexual" being used as insults.

There you have it. You understand the "ewww" factor, and you understand that since it's a non-issue for you, why is an issue for everyone else. Wish I had an answer.

Let them keep their chains and rubber, I'm all about 100% heavy cotton gis!!! Woo hooo!