wusu kinahadman

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by krys, May 31, 2004.

1. krys

krys Valued Member

Hi all,

I just wonder if somebody on the forum is familiar with an fma called wusu kinahadman (wuzu, wushu?, not sure about the spelling)....
    It is an internal based fma that was practiced by the natives of Palawan, I don't have too much information on it but heard it deals among other with the opening of chakras and has some muslim filipino influences....

Thanks.

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i am no authority and i will just re-iterarte what i have heard from friends in the arts.

wusu kinahadman is liken to tat kuntao where a chinese m.a. was adopted and adapted by filipino fighters. very strong chinese/ buhddist internal influence with very strong silat mix.

i've never seen it. it was brought up during a discussion of the systems in the south.

3. Tomanak

Tomanak Nil Desperendum

I'm pretty sure you mean Kinaadman ("wisdom"). "Wushu" was just later added onto the name (much to the consternation of the Cebuano Grand Masters) because a lot of people thought the movements/ exercises were similar to Wushu.

In my travels I have had the good fortune of being exposed to this style through the late Gat. Lolo Minyong Horacio. It does resemble internal Chinese martial arts (particularly pa-kua-chang), I suppose because one of the founders also had a strong Kung-Fu background.

4. krys

krys Valued Member

Many thanks...

I just returned from the Philippines and my palaweno Arnis guro told me he may teach me this art one day.... he didn't tell me much about it except it is very difficult to find, internal, and one of the founders was a muslim...

Out of curiosity were was Gat. Lolo Minyong Horacio from? Did he learn the art in Palawan?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  5. Tomanak

Tomanak Nil Desperendum

I'm not exactly sure where Palawan is, but I met (and had the honor of training with) Lolo Minyong in Cebu, Philippines.

6. krys

krys Valued Member

Palawan is a big island province southwest of Metro Manila, it is revered as one of the Philippines' and Asia 's most haunting and final frontiers.