WTF Taekwondo is THE awesome!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by liero, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Agree to disagree then we can all sleep soundly tonight dreaming of becoming World Champion in the respective arts.

2. Moi

I was going to take issue with the use of 'combat' but then I read your sig and thought 'fair enough'

3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Well said for a 'one year old!' LOL

4. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

LOL Thanks Moi

5. Moi

It's taken a long time. Bows head in shame

6. SPX

SPX Valued Member

I doubt any truly serious, educated practitioners would disagree with this. I certainly don't. We have a bunch of kids running around my class and it can get a little annoying at times. Also, my instructor has TKD tunnel vision. I don't think he knows a great deal about other martial arts, but he knows a lot about TKD, and that's why I go to his class. I want to learn what I can about TKD from him and hopefully go and wreck house at the World Championships.

But TKD is just a base. We're all too smart these days to think that any single art or style is sufficient to develop truly well-rounded combat skills. Great strikers get taken down and submitted, and great grapplers get sprawled and brawled.

If any sarcasm's been aimed at anyone, I feel that it's been aimed at me.

7. Moi

I once lent my son's TKD teacher a cation joke book about martial arts. After Reading it I asked him if he enjoyed it. "I found the TKD jokes funny" was his reply. What a banker!

8. SPX

SPX Valued Member

You should've seen the look on my instructor's face when I was having the conversation with him about MT. When I said, "If all you want to do is learn to fight, you might as well just do MT. They're good fighters," he nodded, but looked genuinely distressed. I still don't know him that well, but he seems genuinely uncomfortable when you get out of the realm of TKD.

9. Moi

I was told it was tantamount to child abuse to allow my son to train in muay Thai. Oh the irony when he got caught dipping a 15 year old student.

10. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

lol! publich lynching then ensued?

11. Moi

You know? He's still teaching. Got off with it as it was her word against his about whether they waited until she was 16. I think we were the only ones who left the club. The judge, in his summing up said it it was a moral decision then he'd have been guilty.

12. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

That doesn't actually surprise me. My old club seemed to try very hard to encourage a sort of cult mentality - if the coach had actually been convicted ofthat at my old club I'm fairly certain half the parents would've been convinced it was some sort of fix up.

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I don't think that's unique to TKD by any means, so for now can we take this thread back on topic please folks?

Feel free to start another if you want.

Mitch