WTF Stuff

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Liam Cullen, May 6, 2006.

1. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

The WTF is a large organisation spanning the globe. Within it people have their own ideals regarding the practice of Taekwondo, but we’re all joined together in some way. The TAGB thread has been going for a little while and has allowed people to come together and talk about their experiences and find out that there’s a good chance that they’ve graded together at some point. Although the WTF is world-wide it would be nice to see how the experiences of MAP users compare and if people have run into each other at some point.

It would be interesting to hear from people:
    Who they have trained along side or been instructed by.
    Which clubs they train at or run.
    Any competitions they have won.
    Most memorable experience.

People outside of the WTF are more than welcome to ask questions, but please be respectful.

2. 29622

29622 New Member

I am WTF.

I have been instructed by Master Je Kyoung Kim, 8 Time World Champion and 1992 Olympic Gold Medalist

I go to a club called "Olympic Taekwondo," which is mainly my instructor as well as Grandmaster Byung Chul Kim.

My most memoral experience was probably winning my first competition by knocking out my opponent with a juming backkick as well as achieving my first dan Blackbelt.

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

I started WTF TKD in 1986 and did it until late 1989, then switched to ITF. Got back to WTF in 1994 or so. Went on to other things several years ago, but still maintained some of the WTF ideas in our training. My Kukkiwon grade is 3rd Dan achieved in 1999.

I trained under Polish instructors, but also participated in seminars run by some of the masters, like Master Kytu Dang 7th Dan (Denmark), GM Seo Myung Soo 9th Dan (Holland), Master Pyo Rak Sun 7th Dan (Germany).

My biggest achievement in WTF was the International Polish Champion title in Poomse back in 1996 or so. My most memorable experience was travelling throughout Europe for 3 weeks with a Korean "Gold Medal" Demo Team.

We still participate in WTF from time to time, and my student just got a silver medal at the Polish Junior Olympics in sparring a week ago. BTW, he's also Polish Champion in WAKO :D

Regards

Gizmo