WS4SB 3 Question - yet again:-)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cowardly Clyde, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Cowardly Clyde

Cowardly Clyde Valued Member

Hi strong people,

I have a question about WS4SB 3, on Upper Body Repetition day when they refer to 3 sets of Max Reps are they referring to 3 sets of max reps 3-5 rep range as in the Upper body max strength day? This confused me a little as they didn't actually specify.

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

2. bluekey88

bluekey88 whimsical in the brainpan

I'm not familiar with the program (sadly,I'm not a skinny ******* :) )..but max reps typically means you do a set to failure. So 3-5 sext max reps probably means do a set to failure, rest (whatever the program specifies), then do another set to faiulre, rest, and so on until your required sets are done. You'ld follow the program to choose the appropriate amount of weight for the excercise in question.

Peace,
    Erik

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I suggest before you undertake the III program look at the original program to help you iron out the fine details.

On rep day you are aiming for 3 sets of the maximum number of reps you can do. It's advised that you leave one or two reps in the hole on the first couple of sets, then go all out on the last one. Also, make sure the rest is 90 seconds as most people (myself included - I'm back on the first program again) can't cope with only 60 seconds when they are doing reasonably high reps close to failure.

4. Cowardly Clyde

Cowardly Clyde Valued Member

Cheers guys thanks for your help. I'll definitely check out the earlier articles for more info.

I've been doing the program for 5 weeks now, (using the 12-15 rep range option on the first exercise of rep upper body day - question above explains why) & have made solid strength gains which i'm really happy about:) Probably should note that im not a skinny ******* (or a fat one). I think this program cna benefit lots of people training at many different levels, not just skinny kids.

Cheers