wrist

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TKD=FUN, Apr 19, 2005.

1. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

about a year ago i broke my left wrist and ever since then its very weak can you recomend some exercises to stengthen the wrist?

i dont know if its relevent but the main problem im having is that when i punch the wrist snapes upwards causing a lot of pain.

thank TKD=FUN

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  2. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Knuckle pushups are good. Also, if you have like a bo staff or something long like that, maybe with some weight on one end (very little, just a couple lbs or less) you can grab the other end and just try to hold it parallel to the ground, working your wrist and forearm I believe. I do that exercise a lot with an old broom handle I have and a 2.5 lb weight I put on the end.

3. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

I think if your wrist is extremely weak then knuckle pushups might be a bit hard for you, but give them a go. I'm sorry to say this fellas, but maybe, and I maybe wrong, he might be able to do forearm curls. :D :eek: If stabilising your wrist when you're punching is the problem then you might just be able to fix it with some dumbbell curls. You know how to do them?

4. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Try the wrist-roller exercise. Reasonably easy to do, with an 'ok' level of stress. Should strengthen up your forearms and wrist joint.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Wrist+Roller

You can make the roller yourself with a small wooden pole (cut broom handle) and a rope.

If you have any pain of trouble with the joint of the wrist, lower the amount of weight a little. Plus, look into grabbing some Glucosamine Sulphate - helps with tendon and joint movement, strength and develoment.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  5. TKD=FUN

TKD=FUN New Member

thanks a lot i dont think my wrist could take the pushups but the roller idea is very good thanks