Wrist injury question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Povallsky, May 23, 2007.

1. Povallsky

Povallsky New Member

Nottingham Batizado (capoeira) was held 20th-22nd of April and whilst there someone decided that having never done takedowns before I was perfectly prepared to be taken down faster than I ever was in jiu jitsu onto a nice hard floor [/rant]. Anyway, I landed badly (surprised?) and really hurt my wrist. I couldn't put any weight on it for the rest of the day, and ever since it's felt weak and I've had to be careful about how much weight I put on it and for how long. I'm thinking I'll hit the Drs if it doesn't get any better by the end of the month, but any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kralk

Kralk Valued Member

Hit the docters now, my guess is that it's a sprain and there not a lot you can except Rest, ice compression and elevation. Even if it is a break it will be a green stick and all the docter will do is slap on a cast for 4 weeks.

3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i've had that before, its painful to apply pressure on the wrist or to support your weight on the hands?

20-22nd april?

thats a fair amount of time for it to heal up, i'd go to the docs... he might kick you off to the local A&E for some x-rays so expect a day off work while the NHS do their thing.

4. Povallsky

Povallsky New Member

Gets painful to be putting my weight on my hands. And it feels weaker than my right when I'm doing lifty things and what not. Off to the docs it is then I guess.

Cheers people.