Wrist Injury! Helpp!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hakko-Ryu, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

Ok, i've had a screwed up wrist for the past 3 weeks or so from somone doing a wrist lock, shiho nage, then yanking me down hard. And now the pain shoots from where my wrist joint starts all the way UP the back of the right side of my forearm ending on my biceps. Is there anything i can do to promote healing faster on this???!?!?!? or should i just rest it for a while??? i've had some Tsubo done on it but i don't think it helped much! my whole right arm is pretty much rendered useless (when it comes to doing jujitsu that is) :eek:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003
  2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

See a medical professional.

3. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Yes, see your doctor asap!!!!!

Was there any swelling w/ the injury??

4. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

no there wasn't any swelling. It doesn't hurt when in "prone" position, it only hurts when its being worked on. And i know it's not normal pain because it hurts a lot more than usual

5. Cain

Cain New Member

It's internal injury from the looks of it, ie no swelling or anything in which case you could have tried something, but this is definitely more serious see a doc and don't work it!!!

|Cain|

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Yes definitely see a doctor.

The small bones of the wrist (the 2 forearm bones and 8 other, small bones) are extremely sensitive to excessive force or trauma, such as that generated in snapping and in throwing martial arts.
    There is a good chance that you have a sprained wrist ... that the ligaments interconnecting the wrist bones are sprained. All but the most minor wrist sprains should be x-rayed because a sprained ligament may pull off a little piece of bone, which then changes the injury to a fracture.
    A sprained wrist will just need a a soft splint while a fractured wrist requires casting.

The most serious of "sprains" is a subluxation of the wrist bones. This happens when the ligaments connecting two or more of the small bones become torn completely, and the bones slide out of place.

Treatment is usually immediate immobilization, rest, and ice, and then a set of range-of-motion exercises followed by strengthening exercises ... but don't take my word for it... see that doctor!

7. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

I had a sim. situation w/ my right ankle year before last & also w/ no swelling & pain up my lower leg to my knee. And like you it only bothered me when I worked it on certain locks & constrictions & I tried to train around it until it felt better. But each time I tweeked it, it felt like a complete re-injury and took longer & longer to recover. Finally I did what I should have done right off and went to my doc. & it turned out to be a hair-line fracture. I trained w/ a brace on it for four months & it hasn't bothered me since.

SO GO SEE YOUR DOC.!

Once you determine exactly what is injured then we can kick around ideas/tips for reducing recovery time.

8. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

Thanks for all the advice people! You all convinced me to go see a doctor! I don't want to have a fracture without me even knowing =(