Wraps ? what type ...

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by jackthe, Nov 20, 2004.

1. jackthe

jackthe New Member

What are the best wraps for the hands and feet ?
    The strecy/eslastic ones , or the plain old ones ?
    How long and wide (and maybe thik)should they be ?
    Is there any specific way that i should wrap them around my hands ?

Thanks in anticipation for the aswers...
    :)

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

What's the difference between Mexican and normal??

PL

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

4. jackthe

jackthe New Member

Thanks Yoda !:)
    Steel looking for some info for the feet :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  5. YODA

Wear shoes :D

6. jackthe

jackthe New Member

hehe :D

7. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I prefer Mexican handwraps

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

9. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

Who on earth came up with that tool to wrap your hands.... complete tool!

I prefer the Thai Style hand wraps....

10. YODA

It obviously sells LOL!

11. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

If I showed up in my boxing gym with a wrapping tool people would take a picture of me with using it , so they can point at it and laugh at me even when i'm not around.

Joking aside i dont think that using it is good.. When i wrap my hands i apply more pressure to some parts than others. I don't think i can do it with that thing.

but it must be cool for wraping them on to it after class. I ususally throw them in a bag :D

12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I wrap them around 2 fingers of my other hand, THEN throw them in my bag. :p

PL

13. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

what about wrapping between the knuckles too?

14. Singto Laaw

You got one right?!!! :woo: :woo:

15. Singto Laaw

So you put them on the tool, then make your self look stupid putting them on, then there on to tight, or not tight enough, and you cant go through your fingers to easily.... What a tool!

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

No, I mean after I'm done, I coil them around my 2 fingers, into a ball, and then throw them in the bag. :)

If you mean Yoda's link, then I think it's because it's simpler to do it that way at first.

PL

17. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

Wraps and anklets, buy known brands.... people are always selling cheap wraps, in my experience ive found that the stitching round velcro tends to come off, the material loses its soft feel and shape, making them itchy and difficult to wrap, theyre often really short, and if you cant wrap up properly, you might aswell not be wearing them atall.... i bought a pair for £2 once, one was shorter than the other?! :confused: nowadays, i use twins wraps and nationman anklets, both known brands and as much as im against paying for the name, theyve both lasted.... Mexican style wraps are good because you can get them on tight and they dont come off as easily, i.e if your taking turns holding a pad with someone and you keep putting your gloves on/taking them off, normal wraps can loosen up which is annoying.... but i dont think mexican wraps can compete with thai wraps when it comes to wrist support....

Different wrap techniques

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  18. jackthe

jackthe New Member

cityofangels , i have to agree , the mexican ones stay on longer ,,,, i should get myself a new pair. And thanks for the link!

19. sean

sean THOR!

just bringing this thread back from the dead with a quick question.

Are 'Everlast' a brand to hit or miss?

Cheers

20. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Never used any of their products , but its a brand as old as modern boxing. I don't think it would survive as long if it produced bad products.