Would you spar a woman?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Jamo2, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

One of my coaches is a woman. She sure doesnt hit like one tho!

2. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

I really don't see what the problem is sparring with women. Clearly if they're stepping onto the matt they're prepared to get hit. Come one guys these women aren't some delicate flowers that need your protection, do them a favor and hit 'em like you would anyone else. That's what most of them are looking for and need- to know they can really hold their own with a man in a defense situation. One of my best sparring partners is a woman. When she first started she was quite timid and stiff, but now days, she's fast, smooth and agressive enough to knock most guys down without much of a sweat. She wanted to be able to bang gloves with the guys and forced 'em to compete hard. Now she's very good at what she does.

3. -Sky-

-Sky- New Member

lol
    funniest post ive seen so far here, and the most agree'able

this thread brings me to picture female Ninja dojo's over in Japan
    which reinforces my conclusion that if a female is ready to be spar'd, it would be disrespectful of me to decline and i would surely miss any oppurtunity of uppercutting booby experiences.

wud be strange for me, but imo definitly legit...

EDIT: "wud be strange for me, but imo definitly legit..." <|-- sparring in paticular i mean.

4. hux

hux ya, whatever.

shrug. I view it as a training opportunity..kind of like the drills where an instructor yells "ok, now you can only jab, now you can only hook with back hand"...

5. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

heh.... there's this girl in my karate club who's recently started sparring. It's pretty funny, because she has almost no control. I've kicked her in the breasts a couple times... I would feel worse about it, except she has a habit of kicking me in the groin; so I guess we're even ^_^.

6. hux

hux ya, whatever.

yea...punch her in the boobs for sure :)

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

That sounds like a great drill to use. I'm gonna try it.

8. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

Mmmmmmm......

i will spar with a woman if she is willing tostand there and hit me, and lets face it, women have no problem with hitting guys in that controle environment. I used to have a problem with it,but hey, the lady turns up to class and knows what to expect. :D

9. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

If a woman was willing..why not?

10. smoothnfresh86

smoothnfresh86 New Member

if someone wants to step up like a man, they deserve the chance to get beat down like a man.........

11. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

If a girl spars with me, I will spar with her. She's not going to get any better at fighting unless I present her with a challenge.

If I join a BJJ school, I hope I get to spar against some hot girls. :D

12. No Life King

No Life King New Member

The only beef i have with sparring girls is the boobs part, it restricts your target area, and it feels awkward when you throw a punch, slap or palm strike to the boobs, at least it does for me, and im sure she doesnt like it. aside that, i go as hard as they go.

13. elnan

elnan Valued Member

I do and I get beatend.
    And I`m not ashamed about it :cool:

14. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

Hey, if they get in the ring, they want to fight!! I say smack the living **** out of her!!

If it's a real fight - I'm with you. Even if she has a gun in my face I couldn't attack her. I'm too old fashioned in that sense

15. WingChun Lawyer

WingChun Lawyer Modesty forbids more.

My gym has a bit of a problem in that regard, as many guys there have issues regarding hitting girls. They just won´t, no matter how hard they are hit.

Being a modern man myself, I have no problem in providing the ladies ample opportunity to prove and improve their skills in a friendly environment devoid of prejudice or preconceived notions of any kind regarding what they can or cannot do, so they can grow into full maturity in any realm they might want to, all under the benevolent gaze of the Great Mother Gaia.

Meaning, I have no problems in beating the crap out of women, and frankly I kinda enjoy it. They are soft, I never hurt my hands or feet when sparring women.

In fact, the coach likes to use ME to threaten the girls when they are slacking. "Get this block right, next week you spar WCL" or "I wonder what WCL will say about that girlie jab miss, that won´t stop him when he comes for you".

I am sort of a big bad wolf for the girls. And the worst thing I did was to give one of them a bloody lip. Pussies.

16. Shrfu_Eric

Shrfu_Eric New Member

LOL ... In my kwon ... if you're a female ... then you're a female.

No difference in my book. Train the same, get hit the same ... etc...

I spar with anyone, I don't care gender or anything !! I'll hit you whether your a male, female or somewhere in between !!!

A person is a person is a person !!!

Eric

17. Shrfu_Eric

Shrfu_Eric New Member

I love it ... :D