Would you say

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by nForce, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Man you really are in love with yourself aren't you? :D :D

2. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

I knew plenty of people who could bench over 200 lbs when I was 17 and in weight lifting and conditioning class. I was actually one of the weaker lifters, since I never really tried to max and stuck with lower weights (I was toning! Oh my God I hate myself...) I don't think it's amazing I could bench 200+, I just think it's ridiculous that nobody nforce knows can bench more than his 155.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yet they are 200lbs lean :D :rolleyes:

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

This is the same guy that said he would surpass me in deadlifts by curling... Errr..

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

It appears so.

6. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Well at least you know he doesn't know what he's talking about :D :D

7. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

Actually i said that if you train your biceps itll help you improve you deadlift as biceps are used in deadlifting, and 'ok' i dont know what im talking about,
    my bench is now 82.5kg for 4 reps (one of my worst lifts)
    i just dont get it, how can can you think that someone whos 6ft 2" and goes gym would be any less then 200lbs pretty lean? most guys 6ft 2" are like 170-180 skinny as hell.
    i think alot of you are underestimating how that being tall effects your lifts, and dont forget strength isnt directly proportional to muscle size.

Ive bin back training now for nearly 2 months and made big gains, im getting stronger each week, although it stops around nowish,

just rereading back, i dont think im cut now, but at 200lbs i think i will be,

my history is, i started at the gym when i was 14 nearly 15 with a guy who was 2 years older then me, and i trained with him until i had some exams and he went to uni, so from like june last year until late february this year i didnt train at all, i started back at the gym and posted my stats, i kept quite a bit of my muscle mass but lost some strength, now i went back to the gym obviously a bit older, when i left it was like the turning point between young guy n young adult, so now obviously i find it easier to put size on

anyway to cut a long story short since i went back cos i kept most of my muscle size my size has been quite good, my strength has improved alot, and ive got a ****load of stretch marks everywhere which is prolly the worst thing about it

ill get a digi cam n take some pics for you guys some time

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

too much sarcoplasmic (sp?) hypertrophy
    btw, do you squat now?

9. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

for the last 3 weeks i have cos ive started doing legs aagin, its jsut hard cos the new guy i train with a) smokes so much weed he rarely comes, b) thinks he doesnt need to train legs