Would I Be Good At Boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Korpy, May 14, 2005.

1. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Well, im an only child and i like to do everything by myself really (sad i know, lol)
    So in boxing, you do bag work, speedbag work skipping running, lots of lonely stuff, apart from padwork the only time you actually have to interact is sparring, and thats facing an opponent so....

Where as MMA, well in my class anyways, your constantly working with someone.
    Whether its doing drills with someone, or rolling or what, i just found it annoying whenever hed say "grab a partner" and id be like "umm, you wanna work with me?" to the closest guy. Just hated it. Suppose it was better if you went with a friend but thats just me.

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

thats odd, in muay thai and every boxing class I have seen there is a lot of interaction. bagwork is something you can do on your own, so we usually focus on padwork and sparring.

3. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

To the original poster. I just wanna say that, you could probably be good at boxing all it takes is lots of training I'm working on some boxing right now form my i dunno what to call him...my aunt's fiance. And i love it, and like shantari said it doesn't matter how built you are, i mean look at fighters like chuck liddell, and igor vovchanchyn, they're not very built, but they are or were top dogs, i mean the biggest bodybuilder in the world at best could probably only try to crusth you to death with his arms.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Anyone can excel in boxing providing they train hard and serious; im currently doing 4 days a week of boxing, and 20 mins shadow boxing on the remaining 3 days - there's just something about it that I love.