Worried about my friend.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ragnarok2005, May 3, 2006.

1. I met him 2 years ago at ITF TKD. And since then we've both gone our seperate ways. He's a boxer now, and his training is pretty severe, which is cool by me....

But I seen for the first time in ages yesterday, and he looked absolutely exhausted. So I was chatting to him and he said it was just "a hard week training."

But I knew it wasn't. I'd had a hard week training too. I didn't look like him. So I asked him about his diet and training and he's been on a diet of just Weetabix to get his weight down to [I think it was] 67 Kilos for his upcoming fight.

That can't be healthy right? The lad looks physically and mentally drained. Or are diets this strict common place in boxing?

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I've heard worse if it helps, some thai fighters dehydrate themselves massively before the weigh in to make the weight. It's not a permanent thing he's doing, and it's no surprise he's looking exhausted.

3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

weetabix? thats a terrible diet. no veg, no fruit, no protein. talk about muscle wastage!

4. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion Valued Member

yeh thats horrible, hes prob gona feel like crap during the fight

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I'd rather go with the T Nation diet, at least you won't be crawling into the ring! :p