World Strongman Competition

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pgm316, Dec 30, 2005.

1. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

"bovine excrement" -> one of the best euphemisms I've heard.

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Remember, this was back in 64 or 66 whenever it was and weightlifting wasn't really used very much in sprinting. As training techniques have caught up, the sprinters are obviously a million times ahead of the lifters now in that department.

3. cxw

cxw Valued Member

Although interestingly Kim Collins (2003 world champion over 100 meters) does not lift weights. I realise he's the only one, but it is very interesting that he's gone against the crowd and has done very well.

4. Ad McG

Imagine if he used weights...

5. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

He has by far the best appearance out of them, and no one beat him.

6. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

And yes, they do steroids. They are too big and strong for natural, it's just common sense. And the study showed O lifters to be faster than sprinters over very short distances, less than 100m, and not powerlifters. And this was quite a while ago, before sprinters started lifting weights.

7. cxw

cxw Valued Member

Although you're assuming that what he's done is not optimal for him.

I do believe that a good lifting program will benefit most sportsman (including sprinters).

However, as he's been world champion it could be that he's right and everybody else is wrong regarding weights and sprinting? Or perhaps that weights might benefit some sprinters, but not others?

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/story/0,10082,1030038,00.html

8. Maverick

Maverick New Member

They're all taking AAS of course. To ban AAS from Strongman would reduce the size of most of the competitors and less people would watch it. The "don't ask, don't tell" policy is spot on. No American for example can admit to taking them because they're illegal, yet Coleman is a police officer and blatantly juices like the rest of the Olympia competitors. Thing is, without AAS use people would not be impressed enough by the physiques and the contest would be underfunded. People are so used to very muscular looking men that the AAS physique has now become a 'normal' good physique yet people still slate them all the time.

For the record, bitch **** can be prevented with ancillaries and water retention disappears post-cycle.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Yeh water retention dissapears, leaving massive stretch marks. Unless of course you are VERY VERY careful and use the roids properly. Unfortunatly, my mate only listens to his dealer, and he is heading straight for the morge at this rate.

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

So the dominator Marius Pudzianowski won the world strong man comptetition with a fair margin! Was an impressive thign to watch and I can believe what they say, he may well be the best ever!

11. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Marius is quite definitely on lots of 'substances'. However, lots of people the world over are also on 'substances' and they still can't do what he can do. It is definitely a pity that it's part of the sport, but I wouldn't be inclined to withdraw all my respect for the guy just because he juices.

12. Ad McG

I read in quite a few places that it was a suspected recreational drug he got banned for rather than any form of AAs. They have a "health policy" and he violated that. I'm pretty sure that most of them must be on AAs but hey, you never know!

Apparently Pudzianowski only eats 3 Polish-style meals and 2 protein shakes a day which I find rather odd. Must be some bigass meals!

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Maybe just one cow per sitting! :p

I still can't get over how much he dominated by....

14. Ad McG

He's too amazing. Marunde will probably be at that level next year, but Pudzianowski will be even further away. Marunde actually has a great website, check it out on my resource guide sticky. Some cool articles, he used to be big on O lifting and has some good stuff on that there.

15. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Thanks Ad, I'll check it out now! :)

It'll be very interesting to see how Marunde improves. He's improved so much recently so wonder how close to his potential he is. :confused:

I thought it a bit odd how one commentator said he's the future of strong man competion, maybe but Marious isn't much older at 28!!! :D

16. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

every pro/amatuer bodybuilder juices. ;)

i used to be in the bodybuilding circle of things and i gave up when i found out that you had to be on steroids to get any decent placings in competitions. The bubble burst as they say...

Steroids oral and injectible (test,sust, etc)
    Cutting agents (clen etc)
    Growth Hormone + insulin

chemical cocktail for success in bodybuilding.

i think Pudzianowski is on them as there is no way he could support that muscle mass naturally def. not on only 3 meals a day!

i was eating 7 meals a day and i was a mere 230lbs!!!

17. Ad McG

There are some very reputable comps out there who run really strict drug testing. You have to pass a lie detector test just to say you've been clean for over 7 years, or even a lifetime depending on the association. Give those a look if you are interested in competing without AAs etc.

18. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Found this pic of the Marunde interesting. He's a big guy and came second in the world strong man comp. But he's got far less size than the other 2 guys. They make him look AAs free! :confused:

[​IMG]

19. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Of course he isnt going to admit to illegal steroid use. No one does.

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

people still use lie detector tests? heh.