World Champs

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by BakbakanFighter, Sep 1, 2008.

1. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

How did our guys fair in the world champs in the philippines, either the world arnis alliance or wekaf? Be good to get an update!

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Sorry I did not make the WASA event due to the date change and some flight delays but I heard the Italian team made a good account of themselves, but as far as I am aware the WEKAF event went well for the GB team.

1st USA 44 Gold Medals
    2nd Philippines 43 Gold Medals
    3rd GB 17 Gold Medals

It was good to see Master Richard Hudson win a couple too and as usual team GB where on good form amoungst all the confusion.

It was also good to hear that after me giving him one of my lucky charms Pee Win went on to win the Doce Pares Knife and Long stick world titles.

And the celebrations at Bardgers bar afterwards was a good laugh too.

Best regards

Pat

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I stand corrected, I talk to John Harvey yesterday and he has confirmed that the GB team came 3rd but they got 12 gold medals not 17 (Newspapers can be soooo reliable:)) and a whole host of silver and bronze medals.

I know my young 16 year old fighter got 2 silvers and a bronze, not bad for a handicapt kid.

John told me he will be writting some articles on it soon for the magazines and the results are being colated now at the WEKAF HQ in Cebu so should be available pretty soon.

Best regards

Pat

4. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

thanks for the update Pat. Congrats to all who competed!