world championship in october?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by reydominguez, Dec 14, 2005.

1. reydominguez

reydominguez Valued Member

After the very succesfull World Invitational Arnis Championship.....anyone could suggest to have a it again...this time...

1ST WORLD ARNIS CHAMPIONSHIP 2006
    CHECK IN MAPPERS FOR YOUR COMMENTS

2. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Hmmm. Very, very interesting. Why not? There is enough time to prepare. I think this time Vietnam will not have it that easy, hehehehe.

3. wanlu99

wanlu99 Yaw-Yan and MuayThai Fan

Arnis

Hey guys...Id love to be a part of it...can someone like me learn in just a few months and be able to compete in 2006...

Thanks

4. reydominguez

of course my friend, so please come this saturday and lets sit down to start planning...its hard to become a one man army.. this time with the help of you guys/mappers will make it big.

see you

:Angel: :woo: :Angel:

5. reydominguez

a martial artist will always be....just do it with passion and I bet you will gain some....

your brother :Angel:

6. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Very, Very Interesting Indeed!

Rey, I heard about this saturday. Sure, I will help but I'm not sure if I can go this weekend. My leg needs rest to heal better. I hope I will be walking normally by October. If not, rest assured I will coach some guys who will take part. We really need to beat the Vietnamese.

Hello Wanlu, we really might meet under very interesting conditions this October. Hehehehe. Of course you can compete in arnis after years of doing full-contact fighting. In fact, an empty-hand fighter will already know timing, faking, power, aggression, defense...it is almost the same in sports arnis. Just remember not to kick, hehehehe.

7. gatsbi

gatsbi New Member

8. BatongBuhay

BatongBuhay Valued Member

wheeeeee!

sali kami!

9. gatsbi

gatsbi New Member

BTW, kuya red, get well soon!!!

next time do not kick too high hehehe

10. wanlu99

Arnis

Hi Redbagani,Master Rey and everyone...

Whats the best style of Arnis that you can recomend for a someone like me....Im almost 40 years old, not strong ,not fast and not that willing to get hurt :love:

Im interested in sports arnis...I took up Arnis under Master Presas long long long time ago before I joined Yaw-Yan...My due respects to Arjuken but what I didnt like about it was the long commercial type of teaching...it was like they didnt want the students to learn (at least not the fast way)

I was hoping I can learn Arnis fast...maybe twice a week for the next six months or so...

Arnis Phil is just above the MuayThai Central Gym in Ultra...is that a good style to learn?

Thanks and hoping I could join y'all next year...

11. reydominguez

arnis style?

Wanlu,

All styles are good it just depend on the person and the one who teach the art. It is hard to find a good teacher that are very eeeeeeexemptional!!!! in many aspects....PM me if you want brother...I could be a help....

If you are planning to join, PM me you have my number.
    Or see you on my office 3pm Dec 17 its our xmas beer party....Heheeheher

gurodominguezkali-arnis.com :Angel: :woo: :Angel:

12. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Fighting Spirit

I made a personal commitment to some friends to help prepare a competition team even if I am not a regular or full-time instructor. By posting in this thread, I made this commitment public so I am forced to not to break it. I hope to see you all in some friendly competition.

Gatsbi is correct about what he said of the Vietnamese. I see no reason why we should recall our coaches assigned in foraign countries. The only way to improve our sport and make it commercially viable so our instructors can support themselves is to make it a truly international sport. We cannot do this by keeping 'secrets'. Some other empty-hand styles have done this to be the best, but where are they now? They have been overtaken by Taekwondo, Muay Thai and Wushu organizations which have successfully exported their style openly.

The only way to improve is by competing against good rivals, not lousy ignorant ones. I am all for giving out 'secrets' to foreigners who have shown sincere interest in our sport. I prefer to share what I know to a sincere and loyal foreigner than a lazy and uninterested Filipino.

Because of Vietnam's performance, many locals have been prodded to do better. I think our success lies in organizational integrity and strength. If we recall our coaches, I don't think they will be as successful given the situation of our arnis organizations. Better that they stay abroad and find out how others are beating us at our own game. Is it a special turtle soup that the Vietnamese athletes eat? Or is it the sorry state of local arnis that have made us weak?

I can't answer the question which arnis style is the best because this will just contribute to more politicking that is weakening us as a whole.

MABUHAY!!!

13. Arvino_Logarta

Arvino_Logarta Valued Member

That would be great sir, please update us on the where and when so as to entice a lot of participants :)

14. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Congratulations! The recent WORLD ARNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS was certainly fun to watch!

I was impressed with the performance of the Viets considering the time they started training in the art.

15. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

Sir rey congrats on a succesful tournament held last Dec 8-9 :p

16. gatsbi

gatsbi New Member

Talent is not enough...

Patience and Perseverance..

is the Key!

Go Pinoy...Ipakita ang Galing na ang Pilipino'y Magagaling!!!

Kuya Red, Please translate it for me. hehehe

Pugay!

17. wanlu99

Party

Greetings Sir Rey...

Im so sorry I wasnt able to make it at your party...Im super busy on weekends.

Thanks so much for the invitation...hope to meet you and your team soon.

Wanlu

18. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

The Ultra is the venue for the national team's practise. I think you have to be a player for the national team in order to train there. Is it a good style? well, it is a good sporting style. That is what you wanted, no?

19. qccirclejunkie

qccirclejunkie New Member

Wanlu, yes, you are right. Arnis Phil is a good venue to look for accredited instructors for sports, martial arts, or for exhibition. Just go straight there. But anyway, I am a modern arnis instructor myself, so i can point you to other IMAF instructors if you like to continue in GM Presas's style, just PM me if you are interested.

20. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

:confused: Hi

I am a bit confused

Rey Dominguez at the start of this forum mentioned that the comp was in October and later on there is mention of a comp Decemeber 8-9 2005

Are these two comps mentioned one in the same?

Was the oct comp moved from oct to dec? :confused:

Where was it held? If in QC I'll compete next time, Cebu is to far from me :cry:

Oh... by the way Rey ... if you hold one in 2006 the best time is September as this is the cheapest time of the year for flights for Westerners so you'd probably get a better turnout. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005