Workouts a week?(I DID use the search function, I swear!)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Slindsay, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

But I still couldnt find anything relevant in all the results I got.

Ok, the question is this, I'm at home at the moment meaning I have access to my dads weights and nothing to do with my time. So how many weight sessios should I do a week considering I have so much time on my hands, should I stick with 3 hour long full body workouts or try something else?

2. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Did you mean 3-hour long workouts? Or 3, hour-long workouts? :p (Just kidding)

Depending on how long you'll be in this situation (with access to these weights) and what (if any) goals you have in mind, this might be a nice time to try out something new. The One Lift A Day routine by Dan John might fit the bill nicely. Basically, 1 exercise each day, 5 days a week, each week the sets/reps change.

Instead, you could take this time to try out a handful of new exercises. A serious routine of Saxon Side Bends, 1-arm deadlifts, and Dumbbell Bear Walks might be interesting, and eye-opening. Play around, have some fun. Just because you've got a bunch of free time, doesn't mean you need to spend it all exercising.