Workout suggestions while injured

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ruh, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Ruh

Ruh New Member

After a hard workout Monday night (kickboxing), I woke up Tuesday with a pain in my left-hand side, under my ribcage. I figured it was just sore muscles from my renewed workout routine & getting back into kickboxing. Went to pilates last night and was fine.

This morning, I woke up and the pain was more intense. I stood up and couldn't even stand straight b/c the area would hurt more. So I pleaded for a doctor closest to my office to squeeze in a 11:30a appointment for me.

Diagnosis: 2 fractured ribs

:eek:

So now what should I do? The doctor suggested I go relax on a beach somewhere, but I actually just got back from a week vacation in Cabo. I *need* some form of physical activity that won't impact the injury. Any suggestions, other than the reformer pilates that I already do?

2. TnJudoplayer

TnJudoplayer New Member

Man I feel your pain(in my right side though)I Broke a few ribs about two weeks ago also kickbocking.I haven't found much of anything I can do to that don't impact the ribs.They are always getting jarred not matter what you do.Take a few weeks off and relax that's about all you can do

3. Ruh

Ruh New Member

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. But thanks for replying as you probably just saved me from making the injury worse. That's the last time I spar with over-zealous guys again!

4. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Alright, I want you to do some bicep exercises, you're gonna move the beer can, and careful cause it ways 375mg, and you're gonna move it to your mouth, keep the elbow straight. Do that for about a week and you should be fine :D :D