Workout Challenge (my routine)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tetsu ryu, Jan 17, 2008.

1. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

Ok... This beast came from me blending crossfit ideas and such.. Check it.

Workout A-
    25 deadlifts with 235 lbs
    25 weighted dips with 25 lbs
    25 weighted single legged box jumps on each leg with a 10 lbs medicine ball.

for time

Workout B-
    25 Back squats with 185 lbs
    25 weighted pull-ups with varied grips
    25 Burpees (with pushup)

for time

Workout C-
    25 Push press with 135 lbs.
    25 medicine ball slams
    25 single arm kettle bell swings at 45lbs. at half height

for time

Workout D-
    25 bodyweight bench press
    25 clean and press at 95 lbs.
    25 double unders

for time

I'm gonna party hard this weekend and tackle all of this next week. I'll be sure to post my times. Feel free to partake. :D

2. tetsu ryu

Are there no takers?!?! :woo:

Fishy or coma.. Anyone? :confused:

Feel free to adjust the weight as needed but try to keep it close as possible. I think I might be packing on a bit much on the push presses myself.. :D

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

On principle I'd normally be up for giving it a try. However, I'm getting pretty seriously into my current strength gaining routine and this would go against that. I'm testing the three big 1RMs at Easter and I want to make every workout between then and now count.

However, I will be honest and admit that I'd probably do quite badly at this. My endurance is not the best these days. :eek: It looks good though. Post up your times anyway. There are plenty of others who may be up for giving it a go.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Ditto, I'm doing the same as the fish, an interesting pairing of 2x3 and 2x8 for heavy compounds, and the crazy newbie gains (+5 Kg to my bench in a fortnight :D) are too tempting to swap to something right now, even if it is a one off.

Ask again just after Easter and I'll probably give it a go before jumping into a new routine.

5. tetsu ryu

All right fellas! I'll be sure to post my times. Good luck with your regimens! I hope they go well! :D I should have my times posted up by next weekend. Ahhh.. sweet lactic acid.. The nectar of the gods. Here I come! :woo:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  6. AManOfGod

AManOfGod New Member

7. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  8. tetsu ryu

9. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

I do it ever few months or so. Sometimes I do it once a month. I haven't done it in a while because I hurt my shoulder in December.

(FYI- I posted about the 300 a while back- I started a challenge thread and everything. Search for it, it's in here somewhere).

@tetsu ryu

It's not impossible at all. You can handle it. Even if it takes you all day, you can get it done; that's the whole point- it's timed.