Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Gary, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I got my fat pinched on Sunday, I'm sat at 10% BF at 204lbs. I've still got a long way to go before I hit my goal of technical obesity with a six pack though! To be honest I've still yet to get the six pack visible but I still have a couple of months left to reach my goal of actually looking like I exercise.

2. Gary

Cake.

So I'm injured again, should be back to training late November though. I made cake today.

145g Protein, 28g Fat, 10g Carbs. 872 Kcal for the whole cake. Fat is from the coconut flour, carbs are from the beetroots...

Attached Files:

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Great stats yet looks like chocolate cake, what else is in it?

4. Gary

4 egg whites, 120g Chocolate protein powder, 200g cooked beetroot, 300ml of coconut milk, 35g coconut flour, 35g cocoa, pinch or two of chilli and a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, then shred the mixture in a blender. Pour into cake tin and cook at 160 Celsius for an hour.

You can swap oconut milk for cow milk without too many problems, calories go up a little and there's a few extra carbs but it's still really healthy.

It has a taste somewhere between soufflé and cake with a very chocolatey taste and a bit of a kick. The beetroots and cocoa mean it's packed full of antioxidants and other lovely nutritional goodies.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  5. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Good to see you back, Gary. Speedy recovery to you.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hope the injury clears up quickly! :)

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

also, get well soon. what'd you do?

8. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

Wow, that cake looks dang good! Get well soon.

9. Gary

I entered a 45 mile bike ride called the Palace to Palace, due to having very poor cardio I decided I needed to train for it. On my first session out I had to make an emergency stop. The brakes were adjusted with a huge front bias so I went over the handlebars. I had a minor concussion, plenty of scrapes and bruises and I had damaged my AC joint leaving me with a separated shoulder (the acromioclaviular ligament specifically).

[​IMG]

I completed the ride in 3 1/2 hours in the end, a fairly decent time for a newbie.

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Where do you get coconut flour? And is cooked beetroot the typical red stuff you get in packs in the supermarket or is that something different?

Mitch

11. Gary

You can get coconut flour ready made in health food places and online, though I usually just put the dessiccated coconut you can get in supermarkets through a blender and/or coffee grinder until its a lot finer. If you can find it I've seen bags of Fudco brand coconut flour in Asian markets/shops/C&Cs too.

Beet roots are just the usual stuff you get in packets, obviously not the produce ones with a skin on and leaves out the top.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  12. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter