Words of Wisdom to your student's

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Thomas Vince, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

What would you as teacher bestow upon your student regardingt the wisdom and teachings of martial arts?

2. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

depends on what the student started for??
    The only thing i could bestow is all i know!!

3. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

How Zen of you Joseki! Try and condense some of that knowledge and tell us the most important parts of your training to your student that you would transmit to the student.

4. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

well thats a hard one to answer because every instructor has lots he wishes to teach a student and lots of idreas to go with so you must start with foundation! with foundation you get good technique and then you go from there.
    With the style i teach today its more self defence than martial art but there are people (good students) that have started and 2 years down the line they what something more (these are the good martial artist) thats when you bring in the martial art and it does open their eyes for now they have something new to do that lasts for 20, 50 years if not a lifetime.

5. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

The importance of a foundation

What is it about the foundation that you find important, and why should your student's learn and understand it?

6. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Foundation to me is basics or kihon, forms everything you learn when you start (and still learn years later) so thats why i think that's important.
    whats your thoughts on it????
    (im geting into this now HA HA)

7. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

I agree no other place better to start than with the basics of MA's. After awhile I would give them some important historical back ground on the art.

8. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Yes and then they would come back for more.