WOMEN'S SUMO WRESTLING

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Kwajman, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

2. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

proportions

Just a comparison of the proportional differences....

LFD

Attached Files:

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I wholeheartedly approve of the way Kwajman has managed to interweave his carnal desires into a thread with only the thinnest veil of legitimacy by tenuously linking it to some form of martial endeavor. Sigh... one can look through a misty eye at the MAP of yesteryear when I could scar many a retina by posting pictures of old men in codpieces. Sigh... how times have changed here at MAP. I salute you Kwajman!

:p

Ok seriously... I'm a big Sumo fan. What most people see today as Sumo - with the big fat wrestler is a relatively recent thing in the world of Sumo. One only has to look to vintage sumo photos to understand that traditionally Sumo were as strong as oxen. Fit and strong and athletic as they come. Even today with the layers of fat they pack on they are insanely strong... but their has been a definite shift towards the freakshowish as things are wont to do in Japan.

Take a look at some of these vintage photos of sumo and compare to the modern day sumo fighters physique. Big difference. No bodybuilders. Just athletic, physical labor type physiques which typified sumo for many, many years. The sumo we have today at the highest levels is a far different animal in some ways.

Attached Files:

4. slipthejab

Here's another with a tad more info directly relating to weight:

Attached Files:

5. righty

righty Valued Member

I have to wonder why these pictures of women (some of whom are representing their country) must come with an advanced warning while pictures of professional male sumo practitions who are arguably more overweight and show more skin don't.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  6. slipthejab

jeebus... image 11/23 is text book! Awesome!

Attached Files:

7. Kwajman

Like I said, I was really afraid of what these ladies were going to look like. I remember when ESPN started decades ago they used to show Sumo bouts along with the lawn mower racing. It was like a car accident, you just had to slow down and watch even though you knew better....I did run your comment past my current sweetie and she spit out her diet coke....She's tiny compared to me and as much as I want too I really can't post what her comments were regarding the photo with the girl pushing the big guy.....

8. Kwajman

Maybe we've found a suitable opponent for Big Mikey..... ***runs screaming from Mike***

9. Kwajman

I think we know what we're gonna see when we imagine male sumo'ers (?). I was afraid the women were going to be wearing the same little jock thingies that the guys wear...I mean without the spandex underneath.

10. lorenzodamarith

lorenzodamarith Project: Chaos!

hello,

very sweet throw happening right there!

these chicks are badasses!

thanks

11. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I know she's representing Hungary, but a woman like that with "HUN" on her chest is a little funny. Reminds me of being in a diner. :hat:

Slip, Kwajman, please don't go there.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My favourite watching it back in the day was predictable, but still awesome

[​IMG]

13. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i see sumo wrestlers and i think Holy crap. are they biiiiig.....

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Chiyonofuji FTW!!!

Edit: sorry this should have been an edit to my earlier post...hmmmmmmmmm

Ah well, he is so awesome it deserves a re-run!

15. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Hmm i can only imagine a "my dad is better than your dad"

kid 1:my dad could beat your dad up
    kid 2: true dat....
    kid 1: hahaha
    kid 2: but my mom would whoop his ass
    kid 1: swearing
    STOMP STOMP STOMP
    Sumo Mom in deep ass bass voice: George, lets go honey, its end of school
    kid 1 froze that day, and that is the legend of the random frozen statue of a boy that lies in the middle of our park today.

that was crap, someone make something better, i need to go have dinner.;

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Pkhamidar2com, you've been warned before about using profanity on MAP. Do it again and you'll get a 3 day ban.

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I'm a big fan of Sumo too. They train hard, the competition is fierce, and their dedication to it and what is asked of them is far more than any other athlete I can think of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1wnbNIUrc"]Could You Be A Sumo Wrestler? - YouTube[/ame]

18. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

sorry, i didnt mean it in that way, i thought that because i put stars on it it would be ok or something... It wasnt meant to be sexist or anything like that...

better watch what i say... :S

once again i appologise

19. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

You really should read the ToS:

20. Kwajman

Frodo has a loaded banstick and an itchy finger to go with it...