Womens Self Defence in Manchester

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Jericho UK, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Jericho UK

Jericho UK New Member

Does anyone know of any good reality based self defence classes in Manchester?

My wife just really want to do a traditional martial art (ie/ with the uniform, kata, bowing etc etc), but wants a good reality based SD class.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

A Google search should do the trick, however, I think unless you have a very enlightened instructor (like I do - Zoltan Dienes) I would imagine your wife will need to attend two separate classes.

The bowing, uniform, etc is synonomous with Traditional Martial Arts, where spirituality, discipline and practise, practise, practise is the motto of the class. The "reality" aspect CAN involve wearing everyday clothes, MMA (rolling), with and without weapons (knives, baseball bat). So perhaps a larger complex (like local University) might cater for more tastes.

Please note the above is an extreme generalization! In order to see what your wife needs training wise, the only way to find out is to go out and explore all the clubs locally and meet the instructors, watch a class or two and talk with the students. All classes/martial arts systems are run slightly differently. :)