Women & Weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by YODA, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I don't know why we're arguing about pushups when we're talking about strength, anyway. Pushups are an endurance exercise.
    I think the key point here is with similar levels of training.
    Oh wow, thanks. Some of us try and be fair and give unbiased information, and we get lumped along with the others anyway. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yeah, ironing and bending down to feed the kids and put the shopping away definitely aids flexibility, hence mens lack of flexibility :D :Angel: :D

3. Knight_Errant

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Adam....
    [​IMG]

Naughty boy. :D

5. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

lol :D
    Naw, I reckon men's inflexibility is down to all the sitting around eating pies and farting! :p :D

6. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

The point of pushups is to increase upper body strength-endurance. At least the classic pushups, there are loads of pushup varieties that can be used as a strenght exercise, but after one has reached the high-reps its just endurance. Of course, for someone who does less then 20 pushups, their still a little in the strength training zone.

Many fighters use pushups, situps and bodyweight squats for loads of reps as strength-endurance training for sparring/fighting. (500 bodyweight squats are considered pretty good...give it a go and see what THAT does to your will to live! :)

7. Knight_Errant

I'm more concerned about what it's going to do to my ability to squat my bodyweight.

8. Ad McG

Hmmm.... sounds familiar!

I shall be aiding my flexibility this evening, mainly pint to mouth range of motion and some silly dancing :D

9. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

boo... :D

10. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Hahahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

It could also be partly down to their egos - men usually don't like doing anything that's not masculine.

Who the CRAP would want to be a world champion at ironing?????

11. glenchuy

why not?! if i win it, at least i'm champion at something! :D

cool pick-up line too.

"hi, i'm (insert name here), i've been practicing (insert style here) for (insert # years here), i'm single, available, and most of all, i'm the 2004 world champion at ironing... :p

12. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

Extreme ironing is COOL no matter what anyone says. If you guys think you can iron a shirt perfectly while up to your shoulders in a fast-streaming river...

And that aint girly :)

13. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

LOL! I think this would be much better pick up line then the ones I usually hear. I think I would LOVE a guy that enjoyed ironing since I absolutely hate it!!

lol, seriously, guy who irons=sexy. :love:

14. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Two words: "Ironing Palm" :D :D

15. glenchuy

sounds more like a secret striking move to me :D

16. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

Yeah, creases me up every time! :D

17. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Who the crap would wanna do that? It has NOOOO USE in real life.

18. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

If you keep it together enough to iron a shirt whilst free-falling, you can already do a lot of things.. :cool:

19. Ad McG

How many of the ladies on here do pull ups?

(let's stop the jokes now!)

20. Tika

Tika New Member

I could never do a pullup, not even in elementary school when I was twiggy... But I do them with that awesome machine that lets you counteract some of your body weight, so you still get the same exersize even if you cant do all of your bodyweight. Love it....