Women of Jujutsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by slipthejab, May 13, 2007.

1. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Indeed, Profit, expansion and prestige of the firm are powerful incentives, but can they overcome residual cultural akwardness. IMO if they dont time will.

2. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

That's an excellent question. I hope time will be able to overcome that akwardness...

3. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

It was a women's MMA documentary and he said he did not like the idea of 2 women fighting.

4. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

Look at the WNBA, it looses tons of money. The NBA was basically forced to create to be PC. Most High School Boys teams would trash the majority of WNBA teams. In general in strength and speed based sports men will always have higher performance levels then women with out any hormonal help. Now in Muay Thai bouts (US) I like the women better because they go straight to business (No feel out round) and most fights are intense. In Grappling tournaments I don't see a difference between the men and the women's bouts. I have not see enough women's MMA to judge the comparative performance levels. If women can perform as well as the men (against their own gender) then if we can get over the cultural hurdle, it could become financially viable.

5. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

IMO women are more entertaning to watch in MMA bouts. Cheack out this bodog fight, its the 8th of MAY one, section 4/6 to 6/6.
    Sexton v. Tomoni. The commentary is by Royce Gracie I think.

http://www.bodogfight.com/series-3/episodes/04/

I agree that at the minute women’s MMA may not be profitable in the US but perhaps in time it will grow in popularity internationally and create a larger market for women’s MMA making it profitable

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007