Women of Jujutsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by slipthejab, May 13, 2007.

1. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

The BJJ school I go to doesn't teach girls in the group class...I have to take private classes.

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Gufbal...why not ?

Smurf

3. Gufbal1981

Too much of a distraction to the male students? I have no idea! But, I will still train there because I have a great instructor.

4. Lily

Lily Valued Member

That just sounds stupid, have you spoken to the instructor? By separating girls from the group class he's sending out the wrong message to you and the guys.

Jits girls are pretty damn awesome if I may say so :D

5. Gufbal1981

No, I haven't. My instructor is cool though. His dad owns the school, so I think I will bring it up to him at my next private class.

I like Jits and am very happy with it. :D

6. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I feel sorry for the bandit....... :D

7. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Heres another classic;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmTni0AM-Uo"]Rare Jujitsu Footage from the early 1900's 20's - 30's? - YouTube[/ame]

8. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I've heard (Steven Fry on QI said it, QI a high brow quiz show) that women on average have about 2 and a half times the pain receptors on the surface of the skin than men do.

I can very much believe it.

9. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

So in other words jitsu women are at least 2.5 x more awsome

10. Gufbal1981

I can agree with that.

11. Gufbal1981

Someone explain that to Rickson Gracie then :eek:

12. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

:confused: I havn't heard any of the Gracie's attitudes to ju jitsu women

13. Gufbal1981

I train at Rickson's school. he doesn't allow women in the group classes...only in private classes. My instructor is awesome though. I enjoy training.

14. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I hope women will be more accepted in combat sports around the world during the next century or so. Maybe in a few decades there will be main stream suport for a UFC women's devision.

A gal can dream :D

15. Gufbal1981

I agree. I want to fight professionally as well. I'm hoping to maybe get in the Elite XC, as they already had a women's match, BoDog, or something in Japan. They all have professional women fighters. My dream is to do BJJ under Rickson Gracie's Team (I take lessons from Kron Gracie now) and when I'm ready, to go and train with Chute Boxe USA. We'll see how far I get.

16. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

It would definitely be good to watch, if it doesn't include stereotypical influences that women revert to pinching and slapping.
    I'd be willing to compete, it's something I've never done.

17. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Its a shame more girls dont do ju jutsu.

There are lots of girls come train kickboxing (think that might be down to my good looks though).

A lot of them would benefit from ju jutsu type techniques more so than a lot of kickboxing type stuff imo.

There is also the whole on the floor rape scenario that KB just doesn’t account for.

Suppose like everything it depends what they are training for.

18. shinbushi

shinbushi Reaver

Not while Dana is in charge he has firmly said NO women's UFC.

19. Gufbal1981

Women already fight in Elite XC and BoDog Fight...UFC will try to capitalize on it at some point...after all, it does appear that they are trying to own MMA history.

20. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Did he give a reason like financial viability or did he just say no