Women in the FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Personally I think it's just cuz you don't like me :rolleyes:

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Maybe you're right - maybe you've given her just cause.

3. Tika

Tika New Member

Are you just trying to bait us or do you really believe that? Im really ready to unload some very rude comments right now, but I must restrain myself because of the rules. You really get me writhing, and I have a feeling you do it on purpose. I think ladies, it would be best just to leave it be. You all made excellent points. People like Scarlet and Richie Rich will never make any consessions without adding in " but women still suck " in some way or another, so whats the point?

4. Scarlet Mist

Tika is back on the attack again :rolleyes: . I'm not trying to say women suck (although, I think they all should :p - ok, that was a bad joke), and that post quoted was only in response to Lucy's playful post.
    Why on earth is everyone all up in my grill like novocaine needles? What have I done? I state my opinions and I catch Flak like Santa Claus flying over Berlin during WW2. What's the problem really?

5. Scarlet Mist

I think the cause you speak about is that she doesn't agree with my opinions.

Why do people push packs of prunes to grow flowers?

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yes it was -and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

That's TEN posts violating MAP rules that you've posted THIS WEEK.

Sin Bin - 5 Days.

7. Tika

Tika New Member

I was not attacking you scarlet, or your opinions. I was just saying that nothing we say will ever impact what you think. And I really do think that you like to get a rise out of people. Just having a little fun. But at the expense of others. I really dont know what to say to you, either that, or I just dont feel like exurting the energy necessary to try to show you why im saying what Im saying. Im speaking more to the other women on this thread than I am to you. Trying to let it die..... lets let it die....

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Oh to be a teenager again

I am afraid Scarlet me old mate, you tend to step over the mark and have veiws that died out with the stoneage man. But then again when you are around 19 years old and full of your own self what can we we expect.

Oh, by the way Lucy has a very good counter to a sweep (winner of a British MMA title too :eek: ) I know, I taught her :) .

Your opinions at the end of the day have no real expeariance behind them and 90% of the people posting here (who I beleve have more expeariance in FMA than you young man) give their opinions based on expeariance not on so called testosterone.

Oh to be 19 again :D So young but so :eek:

Enjoy the rest young man, after all you have said I think you may need it.
    (God I bet I get binned for that too, sorry all)

Mabuhay

Pat

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  9. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Just a quickie, I would like to say that Richie Rich did start off a bit mean, but I think he has lightened up during the thread and seems to be an alright geezer, I quite like him anyway. But Scarlet on the other hand, well if ever I heard a 19 year old with a girls name, what do you expect, no wonder he has to convince himself, sorry I mean us, that he has testosterone.

Sorry for having a pop at Scarlet (still a girls name) I bin myself for a week :cry:

Speak to you in a week peeps.

Lots of love

Lucy

4th Degree Chief Instructor (Arnis)

10. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I'm binned too

What the hell I'm binning myself for a week too. :eek:

Just as well were off on holiday tommorrow :D

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

what the hell?

Tikka is, again, right. Damn, tikka, could you try being wrong for a change? give the rest of us a chance? :D

12. Tika

Tika New Member

*tackle* :D

13. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Hiya Pat. Happy Hols - you'll no doubt read this once you get back. Playing the "age" card is pretty similar to playing the "gender" card IMHO - you can generaize and those generalizations may be correct on the whole, but there are 19 years olds wiser and smarter than us both.

I feel for Scarlet who is currently binned. At least is he is honest and upfront enough to say what he feels - I might not agree and he might not be right but I tip my hat to him for being true to himself. I might pop down 'the bin' in visting hours with a file baked into a cake... :D

Just think - Scarlets attitude and drive coupled with your or Lucy's experience and temperance - now there's someone you'd want next to you in a tight spot.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  14. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Hi RubyMoon. Great to see you posting again.

First, may I just say that personally I’ve always found that paralepsis makes for poor narrative and is a cowards weapon. It doesn’t break any MAP rules, though.

“Condescending remarks are condescending even when thinly concealed as humor.” Axiomatically correct, but somewhat subjective regarding both “condescending” and "humor". I could argue that “The truth is the truth even when thinly concealed as humour” and would be bound by the same caveats.

I’m not looking to get anyone’s backs up – I thought the whole thread was somewhat “defused” and we where enjoying the differences. I guess for some its still a very touchy subject and I apologize if I was insensitive to this.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  15. Tika

Tika New Member

I have a bad feeling this thread is gonna blow up again and continue going the way of all the other threads on the topic... can we stop beating the poor dead horse? And let it die?

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

This threads got to the point where nothing is being achieved, and the discussion is going round in circles.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, but its lock up time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.