Woman gets beaten in her own home by burglar

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

So you're upset if he does go to jail, and you're upset if he doesn't?

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Ugh. I hope she makes a full recovery. And that he bangs his head a few dozen times while entering the squad car.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Before the facebook videos descended into a debate about black people and crime, most people on there were banging on the 2nd ammendment drum too and saying she should of been strapped when she's at home and it never would of happened. What I saw in the video though was a woman surprised by an attacker, flinched, and was then beaten mercilessly. I watched it a couple times and I never got the impression she would of had the time and composure to shoot the guy.

It seemed more another example of the "gun beats everything but another gun" type opinion that is sadly very uninformed. Reminded me a lot of that old video where police officers were shown how a knife attacker could kill them within 20 feet before they had time to even draw their weapon.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

would jesus approve of keeping a loaded weapon in your home, saved in blood?

also, are you proposing that she keep her weapon in the coffee table ready to go? because unless she had the weapon in her coffee table, she wouldn't have time to go get said weapon. and i seem to also remember you complaining about how you had to get training in order to get a weapon. do you think that, given she could get to her gun in time, without training she would have the wherewithal to react and actually shoot this man?

and finally, what do you propose we do with the criminal in question? put him to work? or just kill him?

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

A gun wouldn't have made any difference. Unless she was sitting with it loaded, ready to fire, it's really unlikely she would have been able to get a shot off.

Did they catch the intruder yet?

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Is it common to have CCTV in your front room in the states?

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm against the death penalty but damn...some people really make me start to re-think that stance.
    A "person" willing to do that to a woman in front of that poor little child is just flat out broken inside. So barren of human feeling that I don't think there's any chance they are fixable at all.

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

and it can't be a first offence. I can't believe that the police didn't take one look at the video and say 'yup, they Jimmy P. Assface alright'

10. philosoraptor

Honestly, I'm as atheist as they come, but do we need to bring SiB's religion into every thread he posts?

11. Giovanni

yes. because he makes it front and center--see his screen name and his post history.

and sorry, he's come out and called me and my wife murderers (not me specifically but people that have abortions) because we're pro-choice. well you know what, i'm glad to be called a murderer because that means my wife is still here--we had to either end her ectopic pregnancy or end her life.

so yeah, i'm making his "religion" an issue, in every post he makes. granted, i'm cross-pollinating threads, but i don't care.

12. Southpaw535

The original post to this thread revolved around a video of a woman getting the ever loving crap beaten out of her. Don't you see a problem with that sort of subject matter being dragged down and any potentially good conversation ruined from the start by you being petty over a personal beef?

13. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

It was a baby cam.

14. philosoraptor

So despite the fact that he thinks you're murderers, he's keeping his perspective to himself in your threads. At this point, you're just justifying your right to harass him on the forums, and like, that's cool, but we did that thread already. People are going to have different opinions than you; you're exhibiting some of the same dogmatism that (some) religious folks do at this point.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  15. Giovanni

you're right, i am riled up. i'd also appreciate it if you didn't denigrate my opinion as "petty". do i think it's tragic this woman got beat up in front of her child? yes! do i think we should find this man and deal with him according to our laws? yes!

but did you read the op?

sib is advocating: keeping yourself armed at all times; and, best i can tell, killing criminals.

i think it's fair to ask: wwjd.

16. Giovanni

philo, southpaw: i respect your opinions. sorry, maybe i'm posting angry and i should just put the keyboard down. yes, i'm salty. i'll shut up now.

17. philosoraptor

Dude, I have done exactly the same thing a lot of times. :D

18. Southpaw535

No harm done buddy

19. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm going to politely ask you not to cross-pollinate threads. Please don't drag your issues with a poster into every thread you encounter them in. Thank you.

20. Giovanni

Sorry everybody. I was angry and wrong to bring up other thread stuff here. The image of Jonathan Toews lifting the Stanley Cup has brought me back from the abyss.