Wish Mayweather was bigger

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Pitfighter, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

If only Mayweather was like 50-100 pounds heavier but still "Pretty".

The way this guy fights I think boxing would have a big comeback if only boxing wasn't so tied down to the heavyweight division, which is absolute shambles, if only Mayweather could gain more weight without losing his agility.

I guess I can only dream.

2. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

To hell with it, Mayweather is so dominant he doesn't need to be bigger, let's just let him fight heavyweights. Klitschko might obliterate him, but if nothing else he'll make quick work of Valuev. Or beat the dog snot out of John Ruiz. hehe.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL! :D

Come on mate- enough of the pipe dreams. :p

Don't waste your life wishing the heavyweights was as good as it was during the '70s/'80s- the dynamics for spectators sports are completely different. This has a huge influence on how much of a pool there is to choose from for heavyweights.

Mayweather is a great fighter in his own right without having to fight heavyweights. I personally don't pay much attention to the heavyweights because there is rarely any real action there. I'm much keener on middleweights, lightweights-heck even the speed and agility of bantamweights.

Who wants to watch boring matches out out of shape heavyweights hug on each other throwing the occasional odd shot?!?

No thanks.

4. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Mayweather is AWESOME, thats right, awesome.

I think the heaviest excellent boxer at the moment is Roy Jones Jr. Anything above that and its the shambles seen today.

Fighters like Barrera, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto keep the sport alive for me, but yes i do wish the most "popular" weight, heavyweight, was better just so boxing would get its popularity back.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Can't wait to see PBF against Hatton...if it ever happens

6. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

you gotta get rid of the "at the moment" roy jones is done.....i loved his career but he is done.