wisdom teeth extraction

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by LoChu, Jan 19, 2008.

1. LoChu

LoChu Valued Member

At least two of my wisdom teeth will be extracted next week and I plan to be absent from MA training for one week because my oral surgeon said no exercise for a week. Still, I'm curious if anyone had their wisdom teeth extracted while MA training and how soon you resumed training.

Also I'm compiling a list of possible things I can eat after surgery.
    mash potatoes
    congee
    shakes
    certain soups
    yogurt
    ice cream

Feel free to add. Thanks.

2. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

Good luck bro,

I had 3 taken out instead all 4 because the OS said he did'nt have the heart to do the 4th, mine were impacted and he had to sheer them in 4's to get them out. i had holes in my mouth for months.

as for food, you'll be the judge of what you can eat :)

3. ember

ember Valued Member

I had applesauce for lunch when I came home from my surgery.

Your dentist should give you a list of what you can't eat for how long. I think nuts are like 1 year, that's about the worst of it.

The first meal's the roughest because of the anesthesia. After the anesthesia is gone, you can eat most soft things. Sandwiches, any kind of drink, spaghetti, salad (no big chunky carrot pieces - sliced thin or grated). Hard cheeses, probably wait a week or so. Your mouth will tell you - if it's an effort to bite, or the jaw hurts, better pass.

4. TKDgal

TKDgal New Member

My four wisdom teeth were removed in two sessions and I felt like *** for days after each one. So I really think it can be wise to wait one week. :D

5. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

I really hate to remove any of my teeth
    it is really painful
    i would prefer a full force punch to the head!

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I was only out of commission for about 4 days when I got mine removed. I got the top 2 taken out on a friday and was back in work the following monday or tuesday and was back at practice that week.

Get some egg drop soup. I ate that stuff for daaaaaays

7. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

same here for 3 removed at the same time.

We dont get knocked out either, just numbed gums, even when they sliced the gum to get em out.

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I did get knocked out.

9. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

gas?

Very hard to get gas here, they all like to just novocaine the gums.