Winter Park schools?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hobbitlauncher, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Hobbitlauncher

Hobbitlauncher Chronic Complaint Dept.

Hey everyone, I just moved down to Winter Park to go to college, and I'm looking for a fairly cheap and flexible place to train silat, kali (escrima?), kickboxing, or heck pretty much anything else. Please drop me a line if you have a place or know of one, it would be much appreciated

2. Hobbitlauncher

winter park florida, just realized I forgot to mention the state. Just a bit NE of Orlando

3. Sonny_Chiba

Sonny_Chiba New Member

If you go down Goldenrod there is a Mantis Kung Fu school that is supposed to be really good, it was on Discovery Channel before. I think there is a Pentjak Silat as well as a REALLY good Muay Tai school up SR 50 by Orange Ave. Sorry I cant give exact locations. You wouldn’t be going to Full Sail would you?

Take care,
    Dan

4. Hobbitlauncher

yes indeed I do attend Full Sail, which is why im trying to find one with some flexible hours or affordable private lessons, ya know? what exactly is muay tai? I haven't looked into that yet, I'll have to look for that Silat school. Thanks for all the info Sonny

5. TheRemix

TheRemix New Member

Hey whats up. Im a 2003 graduate of Full Sail. I was studying five animal style kung fu from sifu Tracy Flemming. Located in longwood off of 17/92. look in the phone book. I was able to attend a majority of the classes there. Good luck.

TheRemix

6. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

Muay thai is a martial art from thailand very similar to kickboxing but allows the use of knees and elbows. Meant to be very good for fitness and all round body conditioning.