Wing Chung Beats Boxing!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by escopeta, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

Arts similar to boxing

lol not really, was jus saying that to get your attention!

lads, have to quit boxing as i failed a medical wen i was entering a competition and now am not allowed to spar by the coach.

was wondering which other ma's are in any way like boxing. cant do full contact now but wanna do competitive ma's which are mostly stikin and where using ur fists is v important as well as ur legs.

thanx for readin.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  2. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

boy this boxing section is pure poo!

3. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

If you don't mind me asking what did you fail the medical on?

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I'd have to ask the same question as CKava has asked. What was the reason for the NO GO mark on medical grounds?

Which sanctioning body were you to box under when you failed to pass the medical exam?

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Feel free not to post here then.

6. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

i was jus a bit profanity removed, please obey the rules that you signed up to - Freeformthere coz there was no replies. i had a black out when i was about 4, was a one off but my docotor, and the coach both said i shouldnt risk it jus in case. it was for the irish amateur boxing association.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  7. CKava

So your looking for some Ma that does semi-contact competition and still uses striking... I would suggest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? or Judo? but your not going to be able to use much boxing technique in those... still they have got good strong competitive elements so maybe they would suit. Theres always TKD as well but again the boxing technique in TKD tends to be rather poor. Theres tonnes of semi contact karate clubs in Belfast as well especially at the PEC. Or you could train in Muay Thai at Frank Mc Conville's on top of Frames? And just not go to the sparring classes?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  8. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

i heard bout that place, its in frames isnt it? am sure it wud be great for stayin fit, but if i wasnt gonna spar then i wudnt see much point in it, still am gonna train at the boxing gym which is cheap as hell, but want a competitive edge. have thought about tkd, and am gonna check out judo or karate.

cheers.

9. CKava

Yeah I did think the Muay Thai might be a bit pointless still its really good craic and the guys that train there are all really dead on so if you ever feel like doing some extra training its not a bad idea ;).

Good luck anyway.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Escopeta, if you have a legitimate question to ask then please do so in a mature manner; rather than coming up with a troll like thread title merely to attract attention to your post.

11. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

yukumushu wind your neck in

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yuki is a moderator here and has given you a legitemate request/warning. You signed up to a set of rules when you joined this forum, please obey them. If you cannot obey them then please feel free to leave.

13. escopeta

escopeta Banned Banned

**** up, stick this forum up ur hole u sad ****

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hmm, I wonder where he went :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.