Wing Chun own forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Ziro, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Ziro

Ziro Valued Member

I have noticed that in the kung Fu forum, there are a lot of wing chun threads, nearly every other thread in fact. I don't do WC, but thought that they should have there own forum in the 'Styles' section, since it seems to be a popluar style on this site.

Thank you.

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

3. Ziro

Ziro Valued Member

Okay, thank you anyway. :)

4. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

I'm not a fan of WC (though chi sao and the floating punch are kinda cool), but it seems like there are plenty of WC threads for them to have their own forum. WC is a kung fu style, but so are tai chi and most of the other internal styles. Sure, the main reason I'm supporting the idea of chunners having their own forum is so that I don't have to hear them talk about how great their style is all the time, but there are plenty of WC threads to make a good forum. If not a forum, I think it should at least be a kung fu sub-forum.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  5. marcus_p

marcus_p Valued Member

Hi,

I'm enjoy this forum because its not a drag like some others I participate in. It really is moderated nicely. Whatever happens, I hope a moderator keeps the [sub]forum free of politics :) What are the differences between a forum and a sub-forum?

/Marcus

6. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

Sub-forums are mini forums that relate to larger forums. For example, "Celebrations!" is an "Off-Topic Area" sub-forum.

7. Seb Spiers

Seb Spiers Valued Member

I think WC should have its own forum or subforum since in alot of ways it is totally different to traditional kung fu.

8. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

I don't care either way but tai chi and bagua and hsing I are all kung fu.

9. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Yeah, exactly. The distinction from kung fu does not make any sense considering the admins reluctance to split up kung fu.
    You could also ask why Tai Chi is a seperate forum from "internal martial arts" let alone kung fu.

The Kung Fu section should be split into Southern or Northern at least?

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Why DOES Tai Chi have its own forum ANYWAYS? I always thought it should feel perfectly fine at home in the IMA forums.

11. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

Lets not get negative but since Choi Kwon Do lost its forum, WIng CHing should replace it.

12. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

Choi Kwon do???? What is WIng CHing?? Is that a new style or something???
    Why did they close the thread for "Choi Kwon do".....

Anyhow, why should we split the kung fu into different threads? As long as Wing Chunners are not having a flash war in some other style of martial arts thread??

I sense a conspiracy. :bang:

13. Seb Spiers

Seb Spiers Valued Member

Wing Chun has vast differences to some/other forms of Kung Fu. So it should have its own forum.