wing chun and jeet kune do

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Fujian Animal, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

one question, what does trolling mean? maybe if i knew what i was doing wrong, i could try to fix it before it happens again.... you said no swearing, i stopped, you said no textspeak which i cant help due to my word limit and post restrictions but still i am trying to type better, you said no disrespect and so i show no disrespect in spite of being constantly insulted, but im trying arent i? and i will try not to troll - you have not seen any useless posts from me that are not related to the topic at hand, no jpeg images or ganging up on other MAP users, i try to be polite, i help when i can and admit when i am wrong, so what can i do to help you make it better? with that said, i have to go to work, so i will see you guys later

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

You are so wrong about so many things that people think you're doing it intentionally.

3. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

Whoops, here's the live action version.

Mr. Cheung (who played Johnny Sun), according to what I read, was specifically asked to use Hung Kuen techniques in the film when fighting "Bruce".

Wong Jack Man was not a Hung ga sifu, as far as I know. Nor did this fight take place in an arena as displayed in the movie..nor was Bruce Lee's back broken...and I don't think Bruce was ever quoted talking about Hung ga...which is odd considering its fame in China by the time Lee was born.

I've always wondered whether his "classical mess" included Hung ga kuen. I don't think it did. But I think his wife needed a "classical" art to showcase Bruce's development of JKD. Just not sure why she decided to make up so much...it made "Dragon" far from a biography, which is how it was portrayed...more of a fantasy piece.

Anyways...enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOS2W7d6aMM"]Bruce lee vs Johnny sun - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My guess? Lamar

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

All true. But you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're not going to get that. At some point, it shifts subtly from "trying to establish a context for this individual's comments" to "trying to invalidate this individual's statements by highlighting their refusal to put them in context." It's a subtle distinction, but it means the difference between honest inquiry and beating the ever-loving snot out of a departed horse.

The context is this: A poster who makes incendiary posts refuses to provide a credible account of his qualifications to do so. So, given that, we should just approach his posts accordingly. That may mean simply ignoring them. I personally think that's better than letting the whole subforum get dragged down into the muck.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Well, if you're looking for a style to embody the gung fu establishment, hung gar is a fairly obvious choice. It's time honoured. And they had a performer who could do it on screen. I wouldn't read any more into the decision than that.

7. Wooden Hare

It's funny how in the old cinema, Hung ga was the "good guy" art.

Nowadays, it's the art of the bad guys (Dragon, Fearless, Ong Bak). It's replaced Eagle Claw and Bak Mei. Once the protagonist defeats the Hung stylist, everyone knows he's legit...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think you're taking this way too seriously. Most of the viewing audience couldn't make that connection if their lives depended on it.

9. Wooden Hare

I've watched way too many kung fu movies to be taken seriously, or take any kung fu movies seriously.

10. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

If the ultimate test to establish the rep requires victory over a Hung brother it just shows what bad muthas the bruthas are!

"Let them hate us as long as they fear us!" --- Caligula

As to Lee,he did some Hung before WC.Glover wrote that Lee intimated that it hadn't gone too well for him using Hung in some dust up.I would think that would make him no older than 14 at the time,possibly younger.

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That post is solid fried gold. There is literally nothing correct in this! :)

12. Fujian Animal

did i mention the officers name? hint: he was an instructor for the USArmy, he owns his own regulation sized octagon UFC cagering, and he also teaches stephen hayes ninjutsu, and has certifications by richard bustillo

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

No more hints. You either name your instructor or don't.

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Stop playing games. You are merely hurting your own credibility by refusing to acknowledge your instructor.

Invoking your instructor to lend credibility to your arguments, while refusing to name him only backfires on you. :rolleyes:

But what does one expect? You have already changed the number of years you claim to have trained in WC and JKD several times on this forum.

15. Kave

Kave Lunatic

It has already been pointed out that the list of male Judoka with more than one Olympic gold medal is tiny, and none of them are police officers. You have lied, and you have been caught in your lies.

Willem "Wim" Ruska (Netherlands). Won gold in 1972 in both the Heavyweight and Absolute categories. Suffered a stroke in 2001 which left him disabled.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

[​IMG]

17. Fujian Animal

well, the judoka i trained with wasnt mentioned at all, so i would have to strongly agree.... either i am flatout lying? or your information isnt entirely accurate.... i assure you, however, i am too busy to waste my time lying.... as for my information? eye witness

18. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I would be interested to know if the judoka you mention is listed in this link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_judo
    which is the complete list of all Olympic medalists in judo.

19. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Literally amazing, either you got a most of those facts very confused, or your trolling.

I declare shenanigans on you!

20. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Hmmm maybe this person was lying to you, and they are actually not an olympic judo winner, or a cop. or maybe they are one or the other? either way it seems suspicious, I mean a cop, ex olympian, mma AND ninjutsu teacher sounds like a character from a novel rather than an actual guy. Considering Ninjutsu and things like MMA have quite.....different....approaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.