wing chun and jeet kune do

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Fujian Animal, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Past tense Judo medals

2. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

You still haven't answered as to what kind of choke?

I am also not sure as to what you mean by training under someone. IMO seminars and short sessions don't count. That would be like me training at a BJJ school affiliated with Royce Gracie and every so often he shows up to run some seminars, clinics and to train with the students. I wouldn't claim I trained under Royce.

3. Hannibal

He also didn't specify which Olympics...that's a bit of a weasel phrase as there are "Police Olympics"

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Ap, no way is he getting a free ride. Actually I enjoy watching him getting into a froth and biting his own tail. But that's just the way I roll. :)

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Haha, I can see it now.

And the gold medal for "he fell down the stairs Sarge" goes to...

6. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

amateur UFC fighters are people who arent yet in the UFC, but who are training specifically to enter the UFC, therefore they are more focussed on MMA sportfighting than on MMA street defense.... and also, you guys are on the internet - what more do you need?! if you want to know something, google it.... if you dont have all the facts you need by now, then perhaps youre asking the wrong questions, hint to shiny.... i dont do a whole lot of research any more, because being right all the time takes away from my learning experience, and useless facts about dead presidents dont help me to make todays money

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Alternatively, we've all bought tickets for the crazy train. And he's the conductor. Who's leading who here? My feeling: He's trolling. Up to us whether we take the bait. But let's not kid ourselves.

8. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

So? I listed everyone who has ever won more than one. For obvious reasons I excluded future medals...
    No, there are "World Police and Fire games". The IOC have a pretty solid history of suing you out of existence if you try to use "Olympics" to mean anything except their competitions. Anyway, why are you tortuously attempting to imagine outs for an obvious fantasist?
    I did Google it, I asked "Is Fujian Animal telling the truth" and it replied "No, he's either a liar or an idiot".

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  9. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

So, you are saying you trained under this guy but you don't know who he is?
    :confused:

Would you care to climb out of that hole you dug or should I throw you another shovel?
    :evil:

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You have done enough research though to have discovered the name of this chap who you have trained with?

So his name is?

Also I'm doing some research on who you have trained with and for how long, I'm lucky enough to have a primary source on the subject which I intend to use.

So with that in mind who were these people you trained with and for how long did you study with them?

11. Dean Winchester

Careful. Remember he's the one who put three guys and himself in hospital with his training....

Yep, that's what he said.

12. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

why not? if royce gracie shows up, i think thats an awesome experience, and a valid claim.... the keyword to that validation is this: trained with royce gracie.... as opposed to being certified by royce gracie.... remember, i have no certificates in anything, but wingchun - stamped by samual kwok, certificate of completion in sui nim tao, yip man style wing chun level 1 - ah, now you are beginning to analyze more carefully.... and yes, i did say my instructor in jkd was certified by more than one of bruces students.... theres your resource, not many jkd instructors have those credentials, so use the internet to narrow down your sources, and check your facts, because you wont get much information from me

13. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I agree, it would be an awesome experience, but it doesn't mean I trained under him.

Kind of like if you and I got together and did some friendly training. I am a former member of the US Marine Corps.

Then you claim that you had Marine training because I showed you some of the stuff I learned in the Marines. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

14. Hannibal

I'm not apologising or giving him an "out" - I am pointing out that with his track record he will inevitably do this kind of backtracking and I am "heading it off at the pass". Just to enlighten you a bit further the "California Police Olympics" were held in 1967 so although name changes would have been forced on them, it offers that "weasel clause" I mentioned

You also missed out Neil Adams and few others off your list just fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_judo

15. Dean Winchester

So you can't supply simple information such as those you have studied under and for how long, then I think it is safe to say you are probably just a prentender.

There is no real reason not to disclose who you have studied with, in almost all instances a reluctance to do so is a red flag. If you were concerned about privacy and such then you wouldn't of mentioned it but what you have done is mention these things as a way to lend weight to your arguments.

However as you can't provide any real details it's safe to say your words are worthless and your opinion is of little value beyond that of any other interested n00b.

16. Hannibal

And I think we all know why don't we boys and girls?

17. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

There is a real risk of the JKD forum becoming like the Ninjutsu forum of old.

Members saying "your opinion is invalid is you cannot prove lineage or high level certification".

Heck I've called our new friend out for this in the last few days, so who am I to say don't do it?

What won't be allowed to happen is the trolling of this forum (or any other). It's not how we promote discussion, so with that in mind we discuss the differences between JKD and WC, or the thread gets closed and we move on.

For Fujian animal I'd say this, "one of your threads has been closed down and another under threat. You'll not be allowed to troll for much longer".

Your call (again).

19. Hannibal

Whoops! Mea culpa :)

20. Dean Winchester

A lineage debate establishes authenticity of an art or one's background, that's it really. It shows a connection.

With Fujian he is specifically relying on a connection with certain individuals to lend credence to his comments however he is not naming these people so such a connection can not be established there by invalidating the arguments he puts forward that rely on it. So any opinion that he puts forward that has its basis on this is not reliable and doesn't really have any worth beyond that of any other n00b or "uninitiated" individual.

If his technical information appears incorrect and any appeal to authority he makes has no actual connection with said authority then it is safe to say that the opinion is of little qualitative value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.