wing chun and jeet kune do

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Fujian Animal, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Who do you think finished Ted's training?

2. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Err... no it wasn't, because there's no one in the world who
    a) has won multiple Olympic golds for judo
    and
    b) is a police officer currently
    and
    c) trains "amateur UFC fighters", not least because there's no such thing

3. Hannibal

If you read that book again Bruce says in it he is demonstrating "Gung Fu Techniques which I have long forgotten"

Even at this early stage he was Walking On!

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Yeah, no idea what that's like. Nothing like that position in BJJ, guess you're right.

5. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

be careful Shiny, your words will come back to haunt you, here once again someone is calling me a liar, which shows just how little your certificates and credentials actually mean.... yes, there is a man who holds olympic gold medals for judo, who is currently an active police officer, and who coaches amateur UFC fighters who are looking to go professional.... and you can quote me on that, that is not something i quoted from another source, this one comes straight from the horses mouth

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

There's no such thing as amateur UFC?

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

What is the name of your teacher? If he has those credentials, he must be a known name and you should be able to name him here.

8. Hannibal

Always wondered why you need certification from 12 people in one art.......

9. Fujian Animal

oh you betcha, my instructor does have a big name, in fact he has magazine articles and youtube videos as well, but i have not seen him in years, and you will not hear me talk much about him, but it is through my jkd instructor that i have met a lot of bruce lees original students and got to train with them

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

So what's your name? Bit difficult to quote you without that. What's his name? Meaningless to quote any of this without the means to verify it. An anonymously made quote regarding an anonymous individual is about as useful as a useless thing in a situation when you need to use something.

11. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Lost your virginity yet, Fujian?

12. PointyShinyBurn

Every man with more than one Olympic Gold in Judo:
    David Douillet, deputy in the French parliament

Hitoshi Saito, university Judo coach

Peter Seisenbacher, Azerbaijan national judo team coach

Masato Uchishiba, in prison for rape

Tadahiro Nomura, still competing in Judo

Did I miss anyone?

13. Hannibal

He may mean past tense ie no longer active

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

What is his name? Someone that high level has to be a public figure in MA. If you are proud of your lineage, you should have no trouble nameing him.

And to be clear, you haven't been studying under an instructor for years then?

15. Fujian Animal

really hannibal? thats like wondering why you need to spar with many people of different sizes and skills, and you are certified in jkd? under one of bruces students? thats funny, i have no credentials, and no certificate, but it seems ive trained with more of bruces students than you have.... perhaps thats why we dont always see eye to eye

16. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Name this gentleman then, otherwise your words are empty.

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Just to avoid you twisting things can you lease state who you have trained with and for how long.

18. Hannibal

I have sparred world class people and still do: I just don't collect certificates to try and prove that

I have one Sifu and I am certified under him; without prolonged exposure how can anyone be certified reliably? Unless it is just a "rank swap" as often happens

We don't see eye to eye because - frankly - you obfusticate and theorize and offer opinions that are often wrong an at best misguided.

19. PointyShinyBurn

Past tense what? He specified "is currently an active police officer".

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Guys, I don't think there's going to be any satisfying answer to any of this. Fujian Animal has essentially made it clear that he never plans to make a full account of himself. That's his right. The logical next step for each of us is to decide for ourselves whether it makes sense to continue engaging, knowing full well that your counter-questions are never going to be addressed.

My feeling is no. There are better ways to spend your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.