Williams - Klitchsko

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by johndoch, Dec 11, 2004.

1. johndoch

johndoch upurs

The fights tonight should be interesting.

Hope Danny Williams does the job.

My only concern is the fact that Williams is heavy weighing in at 270lb. Seen him training today and he looked quite slow. Anyways I hope the taller Klitchsko doesnt use him as target practice.

Its also the heaviest title fight with a combined weight of 520lbs.

2. johndoch

johndoch upurs

If you want to follow the action its on at 4am GMT. If you dont have sattelite then you can follow the action on Radio 5.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I think Klitchsko is gonna make him look a fool.

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Looks like thats a distinct possibility, but maybe bulking up and hoping he can absorb the blows will work for Williams

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

funny how this is the biggest weekend on the british boxing calender this year and nobody is interested.

6. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

You're probably right, but lets try to think positive here. Keep me posted, I don't have TV or Radio... this computer is my only connection to the so called "outside world"

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

online radio?

8. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Can you post a link? ...I'm unfamiliar with it.

9. XT18

XT18 Banned Banned

w000t Klitchsko won Williams got his ass kiked 2 bad they stoped the fight in 8th round

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

err who didnt see this coming? williams is a nobody, like I said before he got his ass beat by tyson until tyson tore a ligament... maybe williams will realise that he was lucky not to be eaten (heh) by tyson and go back to fighting cans. imagine the damage if he fought someone like lewis (although hes retired) because even klitschko isnt in his league. williams would lose by being brutally murdered.

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Williams was knocked down 4 times!

Ouch!

12. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

Klitschko Not in Lennox's league? Klitschko battered the hell out of him for six rounds, how is he not in the same league as him?

I think we all saw this coming, although im proud of williams for going 8 rounds. He looked terrible in the first, then he sorta looked like he was surviving. Its obvious he only got this fight because of tyson, and tyson hasnt been a serious heavyweight threat for a long time now. Danny didnt deserve the fight, but he did pretty well for someone who was outclassed on every level

EDIT: Just noticed my use of foul language in my original post, apologies.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  13. YODA

*Doing the "Told you so" dance :D

Wasn't a hard one to predict though.

Anyone got a vid clip yet?

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i agree that in the lewis fight, klitschko was winning before the stoppage. personally, i have been really impressed with klitschko and think that he will hold on to the belt alot longer than people expect

i havnt seen the william fight yet, but ive heard he took quite a beating. looking forward to a clip :D

15. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

At the end of the Fight, Williams for all his heart, looked like a cross between Chopped Liver and the victim of a gang beating with lead pipes. Not pretty.

He got systematically taken apart by a skillful intelligent and blossoming champion.

16. johndoch

johndoch upurs

If only williams had the skill to match his heart.

17. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

if only he lost some weight! :eek: :D

18. YODA

If only he'd eaten 3 shredded wheat, thrown salt over his shoulder and invoked the great lord of the jabs.

19. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I was gonna make a thread about this yesterday but I had to rush out! Danny Williams got what he deserved IMO. All he did before the fight was mouth off about how he was gonna be the champ, about how his conditioning was better and will win it for him. I've read so many interviews with him and he claims he's the best thing since sliced bread mainly because he beat Tyson, 20 years past his prime. I was hoping he would lose, simply because he is a big-head and always has been. He's never been anybody in world boxing, and now Lewis is gone he thinks he can win things. Well there's a huge wake-up call.

Nice to see Ricky Hatton battering his way to the next title :D Great boxer. Knocked him down in the first round! I would LOVE to see him and Gatti fight, but as usual boxing politics gets in the way. Lame.

20. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

its a shame...there doesn't seem to be any key players in the heavyweight boxing world. :cry: