Wikileaks may be terrorist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 2E0WHN, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Is Wiki terrorist?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Don't care

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

According to the DoD in the USA a report that has been leaked claims Wikileaks could lead terrorists t subvert operations. So according to this leaked document catagorised as SECRET/NOFORN (US) was leaked onto the net to wikileaks.

Basically the DoD planned to topple Wiki as it posed a threat to security.

http://file.wikileaks.org/file/us-intel-wikileaks.pdf

Even now they have a link to a shooting of US soldiers in Baghdad that included 2 Reuters newsmen being shot.

So do you think Wikileaks is a terrorist hotbed for information or telling the truth like all reporters should do?

2. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

The FBI edits Wikipedia.

That's all I'm going to say.

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

How do you come by that when it is open source and only 12 people work on it?

4. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Balls they're just ****ed a videos been leaked that shows soldiers in a bad light. But hey this is the same DoD that gave fighter pilots speed.

I dont doubt wiki could be used in a positive way for terrorists if they edited a few things but some uber secret terrorist plot to overthrow the West by giving us dodgy encyclopedia entries? No.

6. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Eh I wouldn't say terrorist but they can't leak out sensitive info like that.

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Wikileaks leak sensitive info about a lot of companies, organisations and religious bodies, not just the US government. I think the terrorist tag is just a knee jerk US reaction to anyone that may be hindering US politics rather than seriously suggesting that wikileaks is using terror systematically as a means to coercion. The irony is that wikileaks stands for free speech, their "primary interest is in exposing oppressive regimes in Asia, the former Soviet bloc, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, but we also expect to be of assistance to people of all regions who wish to reveal unethical behavior in their governments and corporations.".

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

How else do we find out the truth of what is being done in our name. The helicopter attack video is a prime example of poor training and evern worse in theatre leadership. The blatant unprofessionalist displayed would be my primary concern. Mistakes do happen in war, however the conduct of the troops was disgraceful. The aircrew's lack of observation skills and discipline followed by the ground troops amusment at driving over bodies displays a serious need to review training and culture within the US armed forces.

The Bear.

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

This is what they are freaking out about:

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

Funny though, this accusation of Wikileaks just makes them look more like a oppressive, corrupt, police state.

EDIT: http://file.wikileaks.org/file/us-intel-wikileaks.pdf

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Why not?

If it's in the public interest (and the apache attack certainly is), then no court is going to punish them for publishing it.

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Of course terrorists don't need to go through a US court...